The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   "that doesnt seem too hard" (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/doesnt-seem-too-hard-117818/)

happy123 03-27-2012 01:22 AM

"that doesnt seem too hard"

The other day I took my dad, stepmom and grandma to the barn. It was crazy. They don't know anything about horses so it was fun to show them lol. We were in a rush so I decided to just throw on a snaffle and do some bareback.
After getting on, warming up and doing some walk/trot, my dad comes up to me and goes "that doesn't look too hard..."

Haha. Well then, lets see you try it x.x
For the sake of my old skinny mare that I lease, I didn't have him get on. But man... I should have put him up there then smacked her butt xD

flyingchange1991 03-30-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happy123 (Post 1425852)
The other day I took my dad, stepmom and grandma to the barn. It was crazy. They don't know anything about horses so it was fun to show them lol. We were in a rush so I decided to just throw on a snaffle and do some bareback.
After getting on, warming up and doing some walk/trot, my dad comes up to me and goes "that doesn't look too hard..."

Haha. Well then, lets see you try it x.x
For the sake of my old skinny mare that I lease, I didn't have him get on. But man... I should have put him up there then smacked her butt xD

haha :D thats fun, ive had my mare pony people around and it seems like whenever they say "hey this is super easy! and you said it was hard" she decides to put em in the dirt XD never does it with little kids though, its the funniest thing :D

happy123 03-30-2012 01:32 PM

lol nice. My brother almost got dumped by my mare... I put him on her, and suddenly the busy road that we have been riding by for 2 months is so scary and she "spooks" which for her is trotting for 6 paces.

Skyseternalangel 03-30-2012 06:59 PM

Haha that always drives me crazy! Everyone thinks riding is so easy.. yeah just you wait until my horse decides to do a sharp turn and you go flying off like superman!

Jumper12 03-30-2012 07:55 PM

yeah!! lol non horse people always say all you do is sit there. if i just sat there my horse would take me back to the field and continue eating in about 2 secs :p

Cinder 03-30-2012 08:08 PM

You don't know HOW many people say that to me! I fantasize about putting them on the most difficult horse I ride at the moment :lol:. Usually they end up in the dirt with me smiling smugly :twisted:.

If it was easy, it wouldn't be any fun!

boots 03-31-2012 11:25 AM

Some of us just take that comment as a compliment. We must make it look easy.

dirtroadangel 03-31-2012 11:44 AM

When you are a good rider that's what makes it look easy.
Posted via Mobile Device

BooBear 03-31-2012 12:54 PM

Usually when that situation happens to me, I stop in the middle of the arena, drop my reins, and say, "Okay. Really? He does all the work and it looks easy? This is what he would be doing if he had his way with it." As Blaze stands there, trying to scratch his legs and yawning. "This is what would happen if I tried your 'GAS TO GO' method", and I move my legs noticeably, kinda like a light kick. Blaze doesn't go anywhere because he's like "Uhhhmom. Your reins. We're not freewalking. Why are your hands not on my mouth?" That usually gets them to shut up. xD Or if they say that and you go along describing in extreme and unnecessary detail every single movement you're making and why. That's when the foot usually goes in their mouth xD

dirtroadangel 03-31-2012 06:31 PM

He he he I sure wasn't talking about me neccassarily.
I love your adamant details.
Ride On
Posted via Mobile Device