The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barrel Racing (http://www.horseforum.com/barrel-racing/)
-   -   Me and Selena doing some slow work (http://www.horseforum.com/barrel-racing/me-selena-doing-some-slow-work-117938/)

SorrelHorse 03-27-2012 09:50 PM

Me and Selena doing some slow work

Some crummy slow work I might add.

Me and Amber were both sick yesterday when this video was taken...I could barely hear my trainer over the wind too! And Selena still thinks inside leg means RUN SIDEWAYS. Grr! But, at least she is getting better, and less pissy. She's starting to like her job more.

I like how when Toni was telling me and Selenie "Beautiful!" my Mom missed the horse and got the barrel. -twitch-

So with Selena my main goals are getting her to make wider turns when I ask (She's a tight turner but I want to keep her from developing a shouldering problem) and to stop thinking my inside leg means she has to push out.

Anywho feel free to tear us apart. Not our best day but the way I see it if I only shared our good days we'd never learn anything.

beau159 03-28-2012 10:02 PM

Ummm, well I guess my biggest critique is that you are doing the pattern wrong. Just in case you didn't know. You might want to check into that.

I kid! :-P I know you're just doing drills, but I don't have anything at all to pick on, so that's what I'll pick on.

Looks nice!!

SorrelHorse 03-28-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beau159 (Post 1428899)
Ummm, well I guess my biggest critique is that you are doing the pattern wrong. Just in case you didn't know. You might want to check into that.

I kid! :-P I know you're just doing drills, but I don't have anything at all to pick on, so that's what I'll pick on.

Looks nice!!

:rofl: I thought you were serious for a second....LOL :rofl: Thanks!

sierrams1123 03-29-2012 09:41 AM

HAHAHA beau I thought you were too!! I was like ummm.....drills?!?!

beau159 03-29-2012 07:31 PM

hehe.....

1RedHorse 03-29-2012 08:48 PM

I feel like Selena isnt really completing her turns. You force her to stay so round she cant really get up under herself.

SorrelHorse 03-29-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1RedHorse (Post 1430381)
I feel like Selena isnt really completing her turns. You force her to stay so round she cant really get up under herself.

You know I was kinda thinking that too when our trainer was having us do it. I'll start that discussion with her next time I see her for work. At this point I'm just really glad she's actually rounding instead of getting all stupid like she tried to do at first. Thanks for the critique.

sierrams1123 04-02-2012 01:46 PM

just work on keeping her back end into the barrel....I see what 1redhorse is talking about.....do not allow her to go into your turn at an angle, try going straight at the barrel (not the 1st one so much) and mover her over into her pocket then round her around the turn.