The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Critique 3 yr old Thoroughbred (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/critique-3-yr-old-thoroughbred-118054/)

BaileyJo 03-28-2012 11:31 PM

Critique 3 yr old Thoroughbred

1 Attachment(s)
Please critique this possible buy for dressage. She is 3 year old Thoroughbred.

Thanks!

Attachment 92979

SorrelHorse 03-28-2012 11:57 PM

I like her. Is she off the track? I think she could use a little more muscling. I'm no expert in conformation so I'll leave the details to the pros.

blue eyed pony 03-29-2012 09:34 AM

Her shoulder is a tad upright for a dressage horse, close to ideal for a jumper. She's a tad long in the back, and her croup is a little prominent. A wee bit downhill but being 3 she may grow out if it. Her cannons are a hair long but not too bad for a TB, and I like her hindquarter but I feel like her stifle angle is a tad open (in other words that's a slightly posty hind leg). Lovely deep heartgirth, she might be a bit wasp-waisted which would make her weak through the loin but if she's fresh off the track she might let down.

I won't say anything about head/neck/tie in, because of the angle of her head it will change the apparent proportions.

Overall I really like her, but not for a dressage horse. I think, provided she levels out or matures uphill, she'd make a great jumper... different types! Usually, a good jumper should be able to offer a decent dressage test, and a good dressage horse should be able to jump ok, but there's a reason the types for top jumpers and top dressage horses are completely different. Different horses for different courses.

I love her, but if you don't jump, you should be looking for a horse with a slightly shorter back, more slope in the shoulder, and a smoother coupling.

BaileyJo 03-30-2012 03:24 PM

Thank you!

blue eyed pony 03-30-2012 03:26 PM

No problem, I hope you got something useful out of all that? I tend to waffle so I hope I didn't fill my post with too much fluff!

OnTheBit 04-10-2012 05:24 AM

Woooow. I totally looked at this horse last night as a hunter prospect.

BaileyJo 04-10-2012 04:47 PM

How did she look?? Are you going to pick her up?

OnTheBit 04-10-2012 04:50 PM

No, I mean I looked at it last night online and called the people. Haven't seen it in person.
Posted via Mobile Device

BaileyJo 04-10-2012 05:21 PM

This is what Canter told me about her....

"We LOVE this horse!!!! She is gentle, kind and soooo pretty. The pics dont do her justice.It was race day when we took her pics and she was so laid back and not spooky at all esp with all the commotion at the race track. We really want to find her a great home as she is just not suited to be a race horse but would do so well in another discipline. She would do great as a dressage-endurance prospect with some additional schooling. I think Pass Approval has so much potential-can you tell how much I love this horse-LOL!!!!"

Thought it might be helpful for you.

Jake and Dai 04-10-2012 05:44 PM

She is so very pretty! But...I'm looking at her back pasterns...and cannot tell if its the shadows from her dark legs and the grass. But they look a bit funny to me, like they slope quite a bit more than they should.

Does anyone else see that?