The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (
-   -   First ride outside and my new saddle! (

QHDragon 03-29-2012 08:56 PM

First ride outside and my new saddle!
Had my first ride out of the indoor arena yesterday! Was super windy, but warm and sunshiny, so I couldn't stand being inside. Skye was really good about reaching down into the bridle... Poor thing it would be like me having to work in a field of chocolate and not get a bite to eat. (She did get turned out there after our ride).

I also got a new saddle, yay! Its a St. Lourdes, which I know isn't a super awesome brand, but for the price and what great shape it was in, I had to have it. I have been super lucky twice in a row now, which amazes me. I went through 52 saddles in six months trying to find a saddle that fit this horse, I picked up one at a tack sale that looked promising and it fit her like it was made for her, same with this one. Hope my luck keeps holding out!!
Typical Skye eye you can see I was trying to get her to put her ears up...this is her thoughts on that!!

Lexiie 03-29-2012 09:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So cute!!
Really nice saddle!!
What breed is Skye? She looks like a horse at my barn, just less stocky. He's a mustang. he's the one in the middle, hahah

QHDragon 03-29-2012 09:24 PM

She's a few spot appaloosa.

Country Woman 03-29-2012 10:06 PM

she is adorable that is for sure

csimkunas6 03-29-2012 10:11 PM

Cute pics! Shes adorable! I think I have that same bridle :D

HorseLovinLady 03-30-2012 03:09 AM

Pretty girl, nice saddle!!

QHDragon 03-30-2012 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by csimkunas6 (Post 1430406)
Cute pics! Shes adorable! I think I have that same bridle :D

Mine is a tory brand, love it. Even after being out in a hail/rain storm and getting totally soaked, then me being too tired to clean it up by the time I got back to the barn, it still nice and soft!