The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Keep me distracted please. (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/keep-me-distracted-please-118204/)

MissColors 03-30-2012 01:03 PM

Keep me distracted please.

I'm kinda worried about something. Wanna talk and give me a distraction. I'm mobile so I can't use the regular chat thing.

So what's up?
Posted via Mobile Device

DraftyAiresMum 03-30-2012 01:08 PM

I'm sitting here being completely bored out of my mind. lol I should probably take a pain pill 'cuz my shoulder is kinda starting to hurt, but I can at least use both hands to type now. YAY! lol I need to find a more comfortable place to sit, though, 'cuz sitting upright on the bed is making my back hurt. But, YAY for shoulder surgery!

Cacowgirl 03-30-2012 01:16 PM

The folks who are building my new hay/tackroom just came by to see where we are going to put it. They were going to come out Sunday, but came early, so now they will build it & it will be delivered & set up Monday-EARLY!. I can't wait-as I have had to keep my hay in the horse trailer to keep the free range cows from eating it. I had it in an open shed when I first got here, & one night they ate about a quarter bale & drank a bunch of water from my gelding's trough. We also have to haul in our water-so that was another thing we had to "cow-proof". Also I can get the tack out of the trailer & my small pick-up is loaded w.my extra tack, so I have not used it since I got here, as even the passenger seat is piled high w/horse things. What a relief to finally get some lockable storage here. Want to share what you are worried about?

MissColors 03-30-2012 01:23 PM

New tack rooms are exciting. I remember when i convinced my friends dad to build us one and then organizing it was complete bliss. I'm happy for you cowgirl. And I'm sorry your shoulder is hurting Aries. :( But I'm happy that you are getting you surgery. I should get my cortisone shots but I can't stand the thought of them going direct into my joints. Bleck.

And what's worrying me is my mom is going in for a heart cath. We are in the hospital waiting room now. She is getting all set up. We get to see her one time before she goes in. But its just the overall thought. Its her first major type medical thing. And forget about my dad. But she is the only real parent I have. So there are alot of what ifs going through my head and heart. :(
Posted via Mobile Device

CLaPorte432 03-30-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissColors (Post 1431400)
New tack rooms are exciting. I remember when i convinced my friends dad to build us one and then organizing it was complete bliss. I'm happy for you cowgirl. And I'm sorry your shoulder is hurting Aries. :( But I'm happy that you are getting you surgery. I should get my cortisone shots but I can't stand the thought of them going direct into my joints. Bleck.

And what's worrying me is my mom is going in for a heart cath. We are in the hospital waiting room now. She is getting all set up. We get to see her one time before she goes in. But its just the overall thought. Its her first major type medical thing. And forget about my dad. But she is the only real parent I have. So there are alot of what ifs going through my head and heart. :(
Posted via Mobile Device

Your mom will do great! No worries! :hug:

DraftyAiresMum 03-30-2012 01:36 PM

AWwww...*HUGS* I'm sure she'll do fine. :-)

As for my shoulder. They tried a cortisone injection, but it didn't do anything. It wasn't entirely comfortable, but it didn't really hurt. I had my surgery yesterday.

Cacowgirl 03-30-2012 01:57 PM

Are you still in the waiting room? Is this an out-patient procedure? Or will she will be admitted for awhile? Are you waiting for results now? Sending kind thoughts your way-try not to be too nervous.

Adam 03-30-2012 02:06 PM

Hi MissColors!

Positive thoughts going y'all's way! (: I've had 2 heart caths, the one in the leg and one in the arm, and they are kinda scary, but it's become such a routine procedure, your mom should have no problems with it at all.

Susan Crumrine 03-30-2012 02:09 PM

Hello Miss Colors!
Prayers going out for your Mom...
Susan

MissColors 03-30-2012 02:36 PM

Thank you everybody, I really appreciate it. :) She is back in the waiting area before prep room. We are at george Washington university hospital. Her girlfriend shooed me out of there. >.> we are currently out in the main lobby she was suppose to go in at 2 but the lady said it might be another hour. But Jamie said that I can't go in there until she comes out from her procedure. >:( I wish I could see my mom one more time. At least i would keep her laughing instead of freaking out like Jamie does. But you gotta pick your battles.
Posted via Mobile Device