The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Weaver Synthetic Browband Headstalls- Do they wear well? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/weaver-synthetic-browband-headstalls-do-they-118560/)

newdaydesignbylisa 04-02-2012 09:18 PM

Weaver Synthetic Browband Headstalls- Do they wear well?

I was at the local farm and tractor and picked up a Weaver synthetic headstall. The price was good, but I was wondering on how they wear compared to leather or nylon.

aspin231 04-03-2012 09:17 PM

They are made of beta-biothane, which is a very durable material. Most endurance tack is made of biothane or beta biothane.
I have one of these bridles, I've had it for years, and it looks great. Stored in the bottom of my tack trunk! Haha. Good luck.

newdaydesignbylisa 04-03-2012 09:24 PM

Thank you very much... !!!

Joe4d 04-03-2012 10:59 PM

the straps last forever,, however they use nickle plated instead of stainless steel hardware so it rusts. They are fairly cheap and will hold up a long long time though. Be advised they do run a bit large

newdaydesignbylisa 04-04-2012 03:43 AM

I did notice that there is quite a size variation from the Weaver brands of tack. The nylon do run much smaller it seems compared to the latigo leather ones, and the synthetic.

rocky pony 04-05-2012 02:34 AM

Just poking in to say I've got one of these too and I love it, since it's biothane I just custom fitted it to my horse's little cob head (granted I happen to have a soldering iron at my disposal) and use it all the time, when I clean it it still looks brand new. I've been really happy with mine.

newdaydesignbylisa 04-05-2012 04:32 AM

thanks Rocky Pony!!!!

Tennessee 04-05-2012 06:48 AM

The few I have bought ran pretty large. I'm not sure if they all do that, but just something to keep in mind if you have a smaller horse.

newdaydesignbylisa 04-05-2012 07:20 AM

Thanks Tenessee... Another forum member informed me of that also... I sure will keep that in mind.!!!!

jillybean19 04-10-2012 03:12 PM

Hey all you endurance riders! I know there are a few in this thread ;) We now have our own forum for posting about endurance! It's located at Endurance Riding - but here's the catch: in order to keep it, it has to get active and STAY active! So please start posting anything endurance related there so we can keep our new home for endurance conversations! Thanks!

(PS - sorry if you see this message on a few different threads - I'm trying to get the word out to as many endurance riders as possible!)