The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Why?! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/why-118775/)

Casey02 04-04-2012 05:51 PM

Why?!

Why do people keep putting up conformation pictures that know one can help them with, im sorry but a picture of your horse crooked, on a hill, running past you and you snapped a shot, in the dark does nothing to help you or your horse. If you can not make your horse stand still, on level graund (AND SQUARE) for the 5 seconds to take the picture you might as well not put anything up. Because "these are the best i have" does nothing for the people trying to help.

End of rant

Kelly22790 04-04-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey02 (Post 1438745)
Why do people keep putting up conformation pictures that know one can help them with, im sorry but a picture of your horse crooked, on a hill, running past you and you snapped a shot, in the dark does nothing to help you or your horse. If you can not make your horse stand still, on level graund (AND SQUARE) for the 5 seconds to take the picture you might as well not put anything up. Because "these are the best i have" does nothing for the people trying to help.

End of rant

Lol I just put up some nearly useless conformation pictures. Getting my mare to stand still is no problem but I didn't go out to the barn today to take conformation pictures but saw this section and just thought I'd post them here anyway since some of them were alright. I plan on taking actual conformation pictures by the end of the week.

Understandable on your end trying to help but I didn't put them up for a very serious conformation critique. I thought this was more for fun. I do understand your point though, so no worries.

Casey02 04-04-2012 06:03 PM

Haha no i do understand that, your out at the barn snap some pictures come back and want a critique. But you might as well wait to post the good ones if you want some good critique. Unstead of saying things like oh he/she on a hill he/she doesnt always stand under his/herself.

I also want my horse critiqued but im waiting until all of his hair is off from the winter (hairy beast!) and until a get nice pictures of him :)

Kelly22790 04-04-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey02 (Post 1438769)
Haha no i do understand that, your out at the barn snap some pictures come back and want a critique. But you might as well wait to post the good ones if you want some good critique. Unstead of saying things like oh he/she on a hill he/she doesnt always stand under his/herself.

I also want my horse critiqued but im waiting until all of his hair is off from the winter (hairy beast!) and until a get nice pictures of him :)

Yea, I guess waiting is probably a better idea lol. Maybe I'm just too impatient! lol :)

Casey02 04-04-2012 06:07 PM

Me to it has been killing me to wait all winter lol!

IquitosARG10 04-04-2012 08:35 PM

I hate it when they preface it by saying "i know these aren't good confo pics but......"

Well if they aren't good then don't put them up, because you won't get accurate responses and the responses you do get will be people telling you they can't critique because the pictures suck.

Totally agree!

Casey02 04-04-2012 08:40 PM

IquitosARG10- its the BUUUTT that kills me haha because they do it anyway!

IquitosARG10 04-04-2012 08:43 PM

hahaha RIGHT?! I read that and just think to myself "well, if it's your horse why don't you take some proper pics next time you're at the barn so that then you can get some helpful critiques?"

*palm to forehead*

Casey02 04-04-2012 09:01 PM

Couldnt have said it better!

Faceman 04-04-2012 09:09 PM

Why? Probably for the same reason people think they can critique horses from pictures to begin with.

You can't provide an accurate critque of a horse from pictures. All you can do is key in on some basics, and even then you are critiquing a picture - not a horse. A horse can only be assessed accurately in person. Plus, a horse should be critiqued in natural as well as posed stances. Artificially posed stances can hide quite a few issues you wouldn't miss in a natural stance.

With that in mind, I don't see why people put up such a fuss about pictures. If they are good for conformation fine. If not, you do the best with what you have.

I get far more tired of people complaining about pictures than I do about poor pictures themselves.

After all, this is supposed to be fun - not a PITA...

Just my opinion...