The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   What do you do when you can't ride or be around horses? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/what-do-you-do-when-you-11880/)

claireauriga 07-19-2008 06:46 AM

What do you do when you can't ride or be around horses?

Sadly, not all of us on here are lucky enough to own our own horses, and yesterday in the chat room we were talking about what we do to ease the horse itch when we can't ride, or even just be around horses.

I haven't had a riding lesson in two weeks - holiday, then my cousin coming down. Now the school holidays have started, you have to book lessons really far in advance, which is annoying! So, at most, I'm getting half an hour of riding twice a week, and that really isn't enough. I keep daydreaming futilely about having Charlie Brown on loan so I could ride whenever I wanted ...

I come on here when I'm at home and bored, and once I was able to go up to my stables and help a friend groom her beautiful dressage horse, but most of the time I'm not able to indulge my itch and it's driving me crazy!

What do you guys do when you can't get your horse fix?

xoILoveMyHorsexo 07-19-2008 03:05 PM

Ummmm I babysit my little brothers, TV, computer (obviously) I play tennis and I swim. I normally get out to the barn about 3 times per week too.

Moxie 07-19-2008 03:14 PM

When I have time left from house work, home work, entertaining my son and husband and misc other activities, I shop for horses online lol.

xoLivxo 07-19-2008 04:11 PM

Hanging out with friends, something i loveee to do!! just going out with my friends and goofing off i love it, being scocial, going online, i love to be online sooo much because i can tlak to people ive never met before and i think its a good way to meet new people if your careful!! ummm, listening to music, going to concerts, blah blah blah :)

claireauriga 07-19-2008 04:17 PM

lol, I have plenty of things to do but not being equine in nature they don't quite get rid of the 'urgh I need to go ride or something!' feeling I get whenever I pass my boots and chaps in the hallway!

Luckily I may be going up to see Luca tomorrow, and the stables will ring me as soon as they have the riding lists, but so far I'm working on learning as much as I can xD I'm learning the parts of saddle and bridle, and getting my best friend to help me learn how to put them on and take them off. I'm also tying quick release knots in my trackball cable xD

Sissimut-icehestar 07-19-2008 05:24 PM

i just pretty much think about what to do when i get to see the horses next (I have a whole list in my head :lol: ), buy tack and think about what tack to buy when they get in and well... just make sure that when my mare finally gets here, i will be ready to spend all day long with her :D

Harlee rides horses 07-19-2008 05:36 PM

Wither away on the computer.

Stepher 07-22-2008 09:55 AM

Oh man, I haven't ridden for almost 2 months now :cry: Its been driving me nuts! But I just plugging away at my computer, reading the forums and keeping myself busy.... And i just keep telling myself, soon I will have a horse soon (okay, so soon is in like 3 years... it will get here, right? :P)

Salty_alydaR 07-22-2008 03:23 PM

yea, i'm taking a break and its making me insane!!! i go out and watch my sister ride Charmer on satrudays and sometimes my trainer askes me to hop on some greenies(thats what i like to call them) and do some training but i want to ride MY horse :(

but when i'm not riding, i'm watching horse movies or i'm on this forum..which makes me want to ride even more!

mlkarel2010 07-22-2008 05:25 PM

Sleep :wink:

or just browse on here...

or when I'm feeling extra bad/depressed..... I eat... bad me...