The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Hobbies (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/)
-   -   Beads, Beads, Beads (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/beads-beads-beads-119029/)

newdaydesignbylisa 04-06-2012 11:37 PM

Beads, Beads, Beads

In my spare time I do hand Loomed Beadwork. I just started this hobby in January of 2011. My daughter came down from college for Christmas, and she taught me how to make simple bracelets. From there I wanted to learn more, and I went onto YouTube, and found out how to make a loom out of a cardboard box. My husband saw how interested I was in the beading, and him being handy with tools- He made me a loom out of some shelving material and long bolts from Lowes. From there I " graduated" to a store bought loom which had a few extra nice features than the handmade one. The beading got easier- and I am getting better every day. Now I am busy every day making Dog Collars, Headstalls, Browbands, Bracelets, and sticking beads on almost everything from Aprons to Hats.

I love this- It is great therapy, and I enjoy spending the quiet time doing something I feel is productive.

I opened "shop" on Etsy in March of 2012, and hope to make a go at it there...

If anyone is interested or has questions on how to get started doing this type of beadwork, feel free to ask questions . Not claiming to be an expert by any means, but I so enjoy this craft- that if I can't answer your questions, I will certainly investigate more !!!

Have a Blessed Easter...

LIsa

Lins 04-06-2012 11:42 PM

What's the name of your etsy shop? I looooove etsy.
Posted via Mobile Device

newdaydesignbylisa 04-07-2012 12:00 AM

here are just a few pics...

10 Attachment(s)
Here are just a few pics....

newdaydesignbylisa 04-07-2012 12:00 AM

newdaydesignbylisa

would love for you to visit!!!

Cacowgirl 04-07-2012 10:28 AM

That is really pretty-especially like the browband.

newdaydesignbylisa 04-08-2012 07:02 PM

Thank you Cacowgirl!!! I appreciate the compliment.. have a happy easter!