The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Trail Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/)
-   -   My husband met a REAL COWBOY yesterday! (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/my-husband-met-real-cowboy-yesterday-119071/)

FlyGap 04-07-2012 12:24 PM

My husband met a REAL COWBOY yesterday!

28 Attachment(s)
So yesterday my husband and his two brothers were working in the office checking guests into the cabins. One brother looked out the window and hollered "Guys, look!"
Riding up to the office was a REAL cowboy. He was on a FINE Sorrel decked out with large saddlebags and obviously dead tired. Man rode up to the door which is on a patio, dismounted and dropped his reins. Grabbed a beer out and took a big swig! Set it down on a table and rolled a cigarette. Lit it and walked in the door.
Now this guy was a cowboy, around 40, bowlegged, decked out in chaps and a oil slicker, it was 85 degrees yesterday. Boys asked how he was doing and where he came from. Said he wasn't really sure but his last stop had been 11 miles down the valley from us at an outfitters. Said he was heading to a town that's about 45 miles from us and needed to know how where he was and further directions. Boys told him how to get there. Man said thanks, said he was lookin for a woman! Lol!
Finished his beer, mind you his horse had been standing right outside the door the whole time ground tied, went back outside mounted and headed out!

All three of the guys were cracking up! Musta been some kind of woman! I've ridden on parts of our highway, scary as all get out! If there IS a shoulder it's crumbling at the white line, not hardly even a ditch if you need it, mostly sheer dropoffs! I know a bunch of old wagon trails to get off on to skip a majority of the switchbacks and gnarly areas. Apparently this guy rode ON the highway, climbing at least 1,500 ft up from the valley from God knows where, heading 45 more miles to go see a woman!!! Lol! Love it! Not something that happens out here, we live in the middle of nowhere!
Posted via Mobile Device

Painted Horse 04-07-2012 08:31 PM

If he was dead tired and still had 45 miles to go, I venture that he will be really tired when gets there.

Casey02 04-07-2012 08:39 PM

How cool,They should have drank a beer with him ;)

QOS 04-07-2012 09:25 PM

hahahahah were TLC cameras lurking around somewhere?

FlyGap 04-07-2012 09:49 PM

28 Attachment(s)
Lol! Yeah, they shouda! I just think they were in a state of shock, I'm telling you the road that man rode is insane. I think they were more shocked by the fact that he smoked inside the office, which is nice, who does that?! REAL COWBOYS I guess!

Yeah Painted, musta been a helluva horse!
Posted via Mobile Device

midnighthighway 04-07-2012 10:17 PM

sounds like quite the experience (: and he mustve had a pretty darn good reason for tryin to find that woman.

QOS 04-07-2012 11:04 PM

hahahaahah sounds like he had some serious business to take care of...

BooBear 04-08-2012 12:02 AM

Seriously wondering what kind of woman he was after... xD She must be something special.

Dreamcatcher Arabians 04-08-2012 12:26 AM

LOL, she musta owed him money! Cos I'm thinkin' in another 45 miles he was gonna be waaaaay too tired to be takin' care of THAT kind of bidness!

Casey02 04-08-2012 11:16 AM

To bad love isnt like this anymore!