The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   OMGOMGOMG!!!! YOU WONT BELIVE THIS! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/omgomgomg-you-wont-belive-11924/)

girl_on_black_pony 07-20-2008 12:20 AM

OMGOMGOMG!!!! YOU WONT BELIVE THIS!

I went out in my pasture of two horses. I called them up. I did my daily headcount and greeting. Hello Zorro, hello Kramer, hello.........
WAIT I ONLY HAVE TWO HORSES! I thought.
Everyone in my town knows I have a soft spot for horses. I have gotten calls about offers of free horses. BUT NEVER THIS.

SOME ONE HAS DUMPED A HORSE IN MY PASTURE!
I have no clue what the horse can do, or who it has belonged to. I dont know if I can keep it.
I call her "Sprout". She is a QH/TB? cross. She is super-friendly and let me put a turnout sheet on her and halter her and pick up her legs. Her teeth were so bad though you could feel the sharp edges through her cheek. But she is now vaccinated, wormed, coggins tested, shod, and floated. COMMENTS?! She is dark bay and from what I can tell has never been bred. She is probobly around 5years old and has excellant confirmation. If anyone is interested -- I may sell her when I get her trained.

http://www.horseforum.com/userpix/4533_Sprout_1.jpg

PoptartShop 07-20-2008 12:26 AM

Wow...lucky you getting a free horse, LOL! :lol: She's so cute, I hope you continue to do well with her training & everything.

Dumas'_Grrrl 07-20-2008 12:26 AM

Ummm,,Cool?!?!?! That's kind of weird and awesome all at the same time. :D

HappyAppy 07-20-2008 12:31 AM

Cool. Shes awfully cute. :D

Moxie 07-20-2008 12:56 AM

:roll: Some people have all the luck :lol:

Congrads on the new addition!

girl_on_black_pony 07-20-2008 01:11 AM

haha thanks all :)

NorthernMama 07-21-2008 01:39 PM

Is there any possible way that she got in the pasture by herself? Even jumped in? Horses will do that. I would post ads about "Horse Found" being vague about her description and see if anybody responds with a proper description of her. I also wouldn't announce that you spent a bunch of money on her or you will get a rep for saving other people's horses, then they come back to claim them and you're out the $.

Glad she found a good place to visit or move in to though!

Equine_Woman 07-21-2008 02:18 PM

Around here (Texas) people are dumping horses all around. I know last year I heard of several horses left at the LBJ Grasslands to fend for themselves. I got 2 free horses in one day because I have "sucker' written on my head. As you well know horses are never really free!! Very glad this girl found you to be dumped on! It sounds like you are going to upgrade her very nicely!!! She looks like a lovely horse. How are your other 2 horses handling the new addition?

Angel_Leaguer 07-21-2008 02:30 PM

People around here are dumping horses too… you see quite a few adds for people that have seen or caught “lose” horses. Where I board the owner has picked up a few ponies that where abandoned and then she gets then healthy and friendly and sells them pretty cheap (basically to cover her food and vet bill) I could never just let my girls run and fend for themselves… I would feel so bad.

Good luck with the new addition though!!!

FGRanch 07-21-2008 05:38 PM

Oh wow! Would love to see more pictures of her! Hope everything works out well for her! :D