The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   1st attempt at confo pics (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/1st-attempt-confo-pics-119378/)

Kelli 04-09-2012 11:16 PM

1st attempt at confo pics

4 Attachment(s)
so this is my new horse Vin. I have had him about 10-11 weeks. He looks much better than he did when I got him. We have worked on his feet extensively as well as his weight. He is in much better shape now, it is an ongoing process. He is an 11 yr. old Arabian. I would just like advice on what I may be able to work on. Sorry about the bar, wasn't sure of where to take a decent shot, grass was covering his feet, and barn was too dark. he is standing a little crooked on his back feet, I will work on getting a better shot. Thanks guys:D

Kelli 04-09-2012 11:17 PM

eeek, just realized how fuzzy the last one was. Sorry guys.

soenjer55 04-10-2012 02:55 AM

I love him, he has such long legs! I'm not really able to go into full-on detail, but I think he's a handsome boy. I don't see anything glaringly wrong about him. With some good muscle/toning, he's going to be lovely!! :)

Kelli 04-10-2012 08:47 AM

Thank you for your help. Looks like its time to work on those muscles!

lilruffian 04-10-2012 07:32 PM

Cute fellow
Shoulder angle is quite steep and his neck is set high. needs muscle
High in the wither but on the plus side he has a nice, deep girth anda good short back.
Front legs look alright. Cannons might be the tiniest bit long
Back legs appear to be slightly cowhocked as well

Kelli 04-10-2012 10:49 PM

Lilruffian, is a steep shoulder the same as a straight or vertical shoulder? What I could find on the internet basically said they wouldn't have good form over fences and couldn't elongate their stride. If this is the case, this may explain his bouncy trot;). On a good note, sometimes it looks like he's dancing when he's trotting. I can see what you are talking about on the cowhock thing, but sometimes when I get him standing straight, I can't see it though. He has virtually no muscle on his body right now, he was at least a hundred pounds underweight when I bought him. His spine and ribs were pretty prominent and his feet were HORRIBLE, so all things considered I think he is doing really well. Overall to me, he looks like a very eye-appealing horse, but I am biased. Thanks for your comments.

natisha 04-10-2012 10:58 PM

I like him. With training & conditioning I think he'll have lovely gaits, he looks quite balanced. No white at all on him?

Kelli 04-10-2012 11:04 PM

He has a white upper lip........it's super cute, especially when he sticks it out, lol. You can just barely see it in one of the sideview shots. I am excited, he is starting 30 days of conditioning and training at his new barn, can't wait to see how he progresses!

lilruffian 04-11-2012 01:28 PM

Yes, steep would be the same as vertical or straight ;)