The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Ogilvy Saddle Pads (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/ogilvy-saddle-pads-119427/)

Shasta1981 04-10-2012 10:03 AM

Ogilvy Saddle Pads

Anybody have one? Want to share your thoughts?

I'm considering buying one for my high-withered senior TB. No specific issues to speak of but it sounds like these pads make the horse extra comfy.

HorsesAreMyPassion 04-10-2012 01:55 PM

I'm interested in hearing what people have to say about them too. I don't have one yet, but I have been thinking of buying one soon. The one that I want to get is the Ogilvy Memory Foam Half Pad, in custom colours. They are really popular in Canada right now, a lot of the Grand Prix show jumpers are using them now too, instead of the sheepskin half pads.

SionTheMonster 04-10-2012 05:36 PM

My coach has one that she absolutely adores! She says it feels like riding on a nice big puffy cloud, and her horsies like it too. :)

Shasta1981 04-12-2012 11:03 PM

Well I'm going to order one so I will let you know how it goes. They are currently on backorder at dover so I take that as good thing!

Shasta1981 04-30-2012 01:20 PM

Reporting back on my new Ogilvy pad.

I don't think I will ride without one again. Ever.

LOVE it and highly recommend. Absolutely worth every penny.

HorsesAreMyPassion 04-30-2012 03:13 PM

Happy to hear it's working out well for you!

I've had my eye on them for a while now, but wasn't too sure if I wanted to splurge on one, seeing as though I already own 4 sheepskin half pads. I'm thinking I will probably get one anyway, I like the idea of the memory foam.

Thanks for updating and sharing your thoughts on it!

crimsonsky 04-30-2012 04:52 PM

how would you say they compare to something like a thinline?

Shasta1981 04-30-2012 06:31 PM

I've never used a thinline, so I can't really compare. I like it better than sheepskin half pads though. And I can say that there was a noticeable difference in my horse. It took less time to warm up her back. The foam compresses to a very thin layer on the pressure points and is not bulky in that way at all.

crimsonsky 04-30-2012 06:54 PM

hmmmmm i wonder.. i'm a huge thinline fan (i have three) and after riding with one of those swore to never ride without again and i haven't! haha

thank you for sharing about these. maybe i can get my hands on one somewhere and see what it's all about. i'm leery of buying something i haven't seen in person first.

Shasta1981 05-02-2012 02:16 PM

Crimson if you were closer I would let you try mine! =)

If I get my hands on a thinline I will definitely let you know.