The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   M-T-G (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/m-t-g-11963/)

IberianGirl143 07-21-2008 07:21 PM

M-T-G

So... I guess i'm jumping on the band wagon ;-) Just bought my first bottle of M-T-G. Now....How do I use this stuff to it's full ability??? Suggestions?? Thanks everyone!! :D

PoptartShop 07-21-2008 08:53 PM

First, what are you going to use it for? Hair needing to grow back? Mane/tail growth? ;)
For mane/tail growth I usually apply it onto the roots & rub it in. :D
For other stuff I also just rub it in. It smells like bacon, LOL! :lol:

IberianGirl143 07-21-2008 09:51 PM

Well my horse does have an amazing tail already. But I have a show at the end of August and I would like it to be on the ground. It has about 4 inches to go ;-)

PoptartShop 07-22-2008 11:59 AM

That's good, then I'd just apply some to the roots- it works wonders!! :D

GallopingGrape 07-22-2008 01:33 PM

Shake it really really good so the white stuff at the bottom gets mixed in... also, DO NOT put it on in the morning and then expose your horse to sun. Not only will he get sun burned, but it could turn the hair coat a different color! Apply it at night, you'll be fine and you'll love MTG>

Kirsti Arndt 07-22-2008 03:33 PM

does it help with coarse ratty looking manes? or just for growth

Alex_Stout 07-24-2008 12:01 AM

M-T-G

Hello,
My horse started out with a tiny bit of hair that only reached his hocks when he was 14. If you want your horses mane or tail long do this steps

1. Tailbag and braid it
2. wash it once every week or so with soap and conditonor
3. Shake M-T-G well and apply to base of tail and then bottoms and allover
4. Apply the product to the underside of his tail-bone
5. Brush it carefully
Keep these steps up and you will have a flowy tail!!!!!! :D [/b]

kim_angel 07-25-2008 11:12 AM

Alex_Stout

Ohh new member? Welcome!!

My2Geldings 07-25-2008 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IberianGirl143
Well my horse does have an amazing tail already. But I have a show at the end of August and I would like it to be on the ground. It has about 4 inches to go ;-)

lol good to see you are eager about using this stuff
:lol:

Clean his tail and spray it down about once a week. If you are in an area that rains a lot I would put some on more often.

I don't know if I'm ready to disclose my secrets about growing a big full tail yet :twisted:

AppyGal 07-26-2008 12:25 AM

mtg

I have found MTG works best for tail growth if you wash the tail, apply the mtg, then brush the tail and braid it. Once a week take the braid out, re-wash then re-braid. If you have a show coming up, start washing the tail everyday up until the event. Otherwise it will be VERY greasy.