The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Critique This Video Please!- AQHA Stallion (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/critique-video-please-aqha-stallion-119633/)

MyLittlePonies 04-11-2012 06:20 PM

Critique This Video Please!- AQHA Stallion

I'm looking at these older videos of my stallion and want to use them for advertising him. I have a contest for dicounted breedings coming very quickly and I want to use the right stuff.

Jog

Lope

How does he look in these videos? Would you use these?

CLaPorte432 04-11-2012 06:30 PM

893 Attachment(s)
They are pretty grainy. I don't know if I would use them. I'd certainly try to get better videos as soon as I could though...JMO.

He's very pretty. Love his jog, I just wish it was clearer.

Off topic question: Why didn't you breed your mare to him?

Super Nova 04-11-2012 06:32 PM

Nope wouldn't use them.

Super Nova

MyLittlePonies 04-11-2012 06:38 PM

Well, origionally I was going to but then I did a stallion auction and didn't expect to win a breeding so she'll be bred to him in 2013. But if she isn't pregnant this time, I will break the deal and just breed her to my stalion. :)

Thanks for the complement. I have one video of him doing walk trot at a show that is really nice. Just trying to figure out how to download it to Youtube without problems. I tried it one time and it was horrible. Infact, I need to deleate it before anyone sees it.

Thanks for the compliments!

Thanks for your opinion Super Nova!

equiniphile 04-11-2012 06:40 PM

No, I wouldn't. If you do ride him inside for the sale video, do it when it's light out so the picture isn't as dark, and borrow a good video camera to do it with.

waresbear 04-11-2012 06:41 PM

The video is too poor quality for advertising purposes. He looks great under saddle though.

MyLittlePonies 04-11-2012 07:34 PM

Thanks for the feedback!

Anyone else?

I probably wont touch these videos. But I have pictures I need opinions on. I'm starting my contest friday here on this forum and on another forum along with a special event going on this weekend. :)

Ripper 04-11-2012 07:45 PM

Nice clean lope!!!!

I love it because he is not trotting in the back to move slow enough.

MyLittlePonies 04-11-2012 07:48 PM

I like that about him too. He rides like a rocking horse. Very smooth. Probably smoother than what he's riding with the person in the video. I had many people watching us as we traveled around the makeup arena. :) i hate the fake canters. :-x it's bad enough on their legs as is with all the prep. i let him go natural. :)

Ripper 04-11-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyLittlePonies (Post 1449988)
I like that about him too. He rides like a rocking horse. Very smooth. Probably smoother than what he's riding with the person in the video. I had many people watching us as we traveled around the makeup arena. :) i hate the fake canters. :-x it's bad enough on their legs as is with all the prep. i let him go natural. :)

I sat at the Congress last fall and watched 1/3 of the horses trotting in back.

I wonder how far this will go???