The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Quarter Horse/ Morgan Cross (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/quarter-horse-morgan-cross-119639/)

AEJaro 04-11-2012 07:34 PM

Quarter Horse/ Morgan Cross

5 Attachment(s)
I am currently on a trial period with this little mare. Was wondering what you guys thought of her overall. I know her front hoof is clubbed slightly, and I am sorry about her bald spot....she got in a argument with a fence in the field two days ago (and lost) =(

I plan to use her as an all around. Mainly interested in getting back into some dressage schooling shows, maybe a jump course or two. She is mainly for pleasure. =)

lilruffian 04-11-2012 10:03 PM

Nice mare
good shoulder and though her neck is set a little high, it is well muscled
Good, short back and front legs
Well-rounded hindquarters
Back legs are sickle-hocked and slightly cow-hocked as well

FlyGap 04-12-2012 10:40 AM

I just love her, super cute mare!
Go check out my Rick in my horses, they could be siblings!
Love her shoulder, nice hind end, I wouldn't be too concerned with her back legs because they look great from behind, sickle hocked yes but she should be a great mover.
Drool worthy neck, I love them long and cresty, if nothing else she'll make a great trail pleasure horse.

Jacksmama 04-12-2012 10:46 AM

Oooh I like! If you decide not to take her let me know lol

AEJaro 04-12-2012 03:49 PM

Sweet thank you for all the feedback! She is a fun little mare so far and I am excited to really crack down with her. She is kinda of mare-ish though and this is new to me since I am used to geldings for the most part, but I think I can manage!

FlyGap they do absolutely look like siblings! It seems your guy got lots of the Morgan and only a smidge of the Quarter horse too! lol! Adorable!

=)

DressageDreamer 04-12-2012 04:09 PM

My first horse when I was a kid was a QH/Morgan and I LOVED

DressageDreamer 04-12-2012 04:22 PM

stupid computer cut me off.....anyway....as I was saying I loved her very much. Great combo of brains, grace and muscle :-)