The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   Wimpy Forelock? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/wimpy-forelock-119653/)

The Greener Side 04-11-2012 09:47 PM

Wimpy Forelock?

I've used MTG before on my TB's silly forelock but I find with it being such a greasy product I can't keep it on long enough between shows (which i must strip the excess grease out of) for it to start working, anybody else have a solution?Facebook
There's a image of that silly floof ball!

oh vair oh 04-11-2012 09:52 PM

lulz, try these: Forelock Extensions

COWCHICK77 04-11-2012 09:56 PM

I can't see the pic, and this may seem obvious, but have you tried keeping it braided and not brushing it?

The Greener Side 04-12-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COWCHICK77 (Post 1450246)
I can't see the pic, and this may seem obvious, but have you tried keeping it braided and not brushing it?

I have for months on end and there was no growth.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...96236510_n.jpg

xJumperx 04-12-2012 10:16 PM

Can I just say your horse looks JUST like Joey from War Horse!! XD

Okay, now that that's out there ...

Take a sponge, wet the forelock, DON'T try to hose it. You will get water in your pony's eye or ears, and that is BAD!

Once it's wet, take human conditioner, Pantene for Fine hair. Watch your horse's eyes!! Really wash it!! I would do this once a week, every week. Not his body, just the forelock. When you are done washing it, pick through it with your hands untill no tangels. Act like every piece of hair is worth 1 mil, and don't take any out. Then braid it. Keep it braided untill you wash it again, or when he rubs it out. If/when he does rub it, pick through w/ your fingers again, rebraid. That's what my trainer does for tails, but I figure a mane's the same :p

The Greener Side 04-13-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xJumperx (Post 1452227)
Can I just say your horse looks JUST like Joey from War Horse!! XD

Okay, now that that's out there ...

Take a sponge, wet the forelock, DON'T try to hose it. You will get water in your pony's eye or ears, and that is BAD!

Once it's wet, take human conditioner, Pantene for Fine hair. Watch your horse's eyes!! Really wash it!! I would do this once a week, every week. Not his body, just the forelock. When you are done washing it, pick through it with your hands untill no tangels. Act like every piece of hair is worth 1 mil, and don't take any out. Then braid it. Keep it braided untill you wash it again, or when he rubs it out. If/when he does rub it, pick through w/ your fingers again, rebraid. That's what my trainer does for tails, but I figure a mane's the same :p

I've been told! Only difference is that my horse can jump! hahaha (thanks btw)

Just maybe I'll give this a try! thanks!!

xJumperx 04-13-2012 10:37 PM

lol you're welcome :p lol xD

windspeed 04-15-2012 09:16 AM

Hi! I agree with XJumperX. You can simply use some human conditioner to make the best out of your beautiful horse's "wimpy" forelock. My favorite horse on the planet has a wimpy forelock, it's just the way he is. Don't worry about it and focus on his strenghts! :-)

Trixafena 04-15-2012 04:13 PM

Hm. Glad I found this thread xD def going to try this on my mares.."poof" of a forelock! It never grows..along with her mane o.o
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...41713744_n.jpg

I always joke about how she should take some hair lessons from my haflinger. (also in the picture. :P) He has a double mane that was stuck on one side after we gave him a bath.. xD

ktrolson 04-24-2012 01:40 AM

I made my own forelock wig! I cut some mane off a donor horse, glued the ends together and banded them when the glue was dry. attached it to a hair comb and then attached that to the bridle. It looked real! The crazy things we do for our horses, lol.