The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Shows (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/)
-   -   Online Horse Shows (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/online-horse-shows-119801/)

~*~anebel~*~ 04-12-2012 09:18 PM

Online Horse Shows

Horse shows are darned expensive, and around where I live, few and far between!! I was snooping around the internet for some way to get more experience in the show ring and look what I found!!

HorseShow.com

They have a dressage show with entries closing this Sunday and there are hundreds of dollars in prize money and absolutely no entries!!
I entered a show when I first joined and won a bunch of money PLUS got commentary from an FEI judge.
For a $15 entry fee it's totally worth it!!

oh vair oh 04-12-2012 09:34 PM

That's a little weird, but cool. I would be worried if everyone had a chance to take multiple video takes of their horse and chose the best one. The whole thing about showing is going somewhere new and doing your best in that five minutes. But this is a good option if there are no shows to be had, or if you are a beginner looking for advice. I'm kinda split. :/ Like if someone had their video from the World Championships and submitted it, competing with people in their backyards... Or if there's even a way to verify that the horse is indeed yours and not somebody else's you found on youtube.. But the winning money looks very lucrative! $500 for winning a showmanship with only 8 entries.

Shasta1981 04-12-2012 10:51 PM

I've wanted to try this too. Will you report back if you end up trying it out?

There is also InterDressage. Home

ETA: just realized you DID try it out. Great to hear it was a good experience!

~*~anebel~*~ 04-12-2012 11:02 PM

Yes they even sent me a "Congratulations" certificate with my prize money cheque!! I am filming another test this weekend and submitting it to the "voice over" clinic with Natalie Lamping :)

I just thought I would advertise it here because everyone is always looking for a cheap way to show and it looks to me like they do not get a ton of entries.

Although it's not at a show, if you know you are getting videoed and judged you are still going to be nervous!! Plus getting feedback on your riding is always great, especially for $15 and if there is prize money involved lol.

IslandWave 04-12-2012 11:28 PM

Prize money?! I'm interested! ;)

Standardbred 04-14-2012 01:00 AM

That is so cool! I joined up 2 horse shows right away as it is not every day I get to compete against americans (I am in NZ) by a recignised judge! Thanks for telling us. :-) It saves me $50 float hire too. :-)

Cinder 04-14-2012 03:38 PM

This is really neat, thank you very much for sharing! Plus it's really cheap.

How did you find the comments to be?

~*~anebel~*~ 04-14-2012 07:42 PM

Natalie Lamping is an FEI judge and she is spot on. Can't speak for the judges in the other disciplines though.

Good luck everyone!!

BreanneAlter 08-31-2014 06:21 PM

Anebel, I realize this is an old thread, so my apologies for bumping it. Two years ago, i did lessons through this program. I was going to check it out again for competition, but it appears to have disappeared. Do you know what happened?

gypsygirl 08-31-2014 07:53 PM

That would be awesome!
Posted via Mobile Device