The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Your favourite healthy snacks? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/your-favourite-healthy-snacks-119822/)

WesternBella 04-12-2012 11:35 PM

Your favourite healthy snacks?

Please share your favourite healthy/semi-healthy snacks & drinks :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Lockwood 04-12-2012 11:45 PM

I walk out to the garden and grab some fresh lettuce. Rinse it and roll it up like a little log, then dip and crunch!
Or fresh berries.

(Ok, I usually like to grab something along the chocolate food group... shhhh.)

WesternBella 04-12-2012 11:48 PM

I doubt these are THAT healthy...it's good to stick to good ole fruit/veggies but I just LOVE baked snap pea crisps...mmm :) I know they aren't the healthiest but they're better to snack on then chips ;)

Also, when I'm craving pop...I tend to drink my 0 calorie sparkling ice drinks from talking rain :)
Posted via Mobile Device

FlyGap 04-12-2012 11:52 PM

Hummus and broccoli, Edamame, hard boiled eggs, cherries, and oranges!

And then it's alllll about chips and salsa and chocolate and mayo and cheese when I'm bein BAD!
Posted via Mobile Device

Lins 04-12-2012 11:52 PM

I make fruit smoothies and freeze them. Makes for a great snack at work and gives me a natural, long lasting energy boost. That's also the only way that I'll eat fruit strangely.
Posted via Mobile Device

VanillaBean 04-12-2012 11:56 PM

RICECAKES!!! I could live on them.

Gallop On 04-12-2012 11:59 PM

Healthy? *Sigh* I generally dont eat healthy snacks... :shock: :cry: Any kind of chocolate bar, or chocolate in general, Cheezeits, Oreos, Chips, Soda... Whatever I can find... Healthy... Ummmmmmmmm... Granola Bar?

tbstorm 04-13-2012 12:12 AM

i drink sparkling juice that has no sugar added, they have a lemon/lime that my mo buys as sprite and thats all i drink for "pop" as for snacks i love apples and i have apples with peanut butter on them or apples with chedar cheese :) i also love smoked salmon and moose jerky...

CLaPorte432 04-13-2012 12:19 AM

Fruit, peanut butter, carrots, radishes, spicy dill pickles, apple cinnamon rice cakes, egg whites...

Joe4d 04-13-2012 12:24 AM

cheetos, washed down with an all natural concoction of grains and hops.