The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   appy appendix critique...honest and polite please (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/appy-appendix-critique-honest-polite-please-119901/)

LoveMyAppyx0o 04-13-2012 02:52 PM

appy appendix critique...honest and polite please

4 Attachment(s)
*first picture is the day i bought him in feb. of 2011. and the next three are more recent pix

hello everyone ! my boy is a 4 yr old appy appendix . ive had him a little over a year now, i ride or lunge him almost everyday. he was weened from his mother too early so he was an undernourished colt (much before i got him). i love him so much and would just like to hear some opinions on him.

how are his legs? is he well proportioned ? conformation ?

also, many people i know have young horses, but then look as if they are a finished 9 yo horse as far as weight and muscle mass, however, my boy mack is still slim ( he is HEALTHY) but he isnt broad in the chest at all, and his neck is quite narrow. actually it got thick and then over the last two months i feel it has narrowed out again :/ nothing has changed so i dont know what to do.
any ideas how to make his front end match up to his hind ? gain and keep muscle on him ?

ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREAT ! THANKS SO MUCH :)

LoveMyAppyx0o 04-13-2012 03:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
heres three more

crimsonsky 04-13-2012 03:25 PM

i think he's quite the handsome fellow! not exactly the best confo shots but he looks to be decently put together and in good weight/condition for his age. :)

horsemadgirl 04-13-2012 03:27 PM

Really nice horse :) slightly large head, does it lower its head when it canters? beautiful. x

TimWhit91 04-13-2012 03:31 PM

He is adorable!

oceanne 04-13-2012 03:33 PM

Hes got nice colour.I feel he is tied in a bit high and his croup is a bit slopey,but all in all,not bad.Wish I could see more of his legs.You could work on his topline.It looks to me like he has bowed his right tendon at some point.A slow bow.

Taffy Clayton 04-13-2012 03:38 PM

Oh my gosh !!!! He is darling, I want Bring him to my house.
How tall is he? Confo? who cares, he is darling.

TimberRidgeRanch 04-13-2012 03:44 PM

Okay I have to say for an appy I really like that boy. To me hes one you really have to look at to nit pick him over. Nice big boy you got. Love him!

Chopsticks 04-13-2012 04:12 PM

i want him! love everything. do not look here when he shows up missing. :)

Rascaholic 04-13-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chopsticks (Post 1453555)
i want him! love everything. do not look here when he shows up missing. :)

Don't come to Ga either if he goes missing! He is awesome.