The Horse Forum (http://www.horseforum.com/forumindex.php)
- Horse Tack and Equipment (/horse-tack-equipment/)
- - Saddle pad slipping reallllyyyy bad in Western Saddle (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/saddle-pad-slipping-reallllyyyy-bad-western-119958/)
Saddle pad slipping reallllyyyy bad in Western Saddle
I got a Courts roping saddle for my Hanovarian/TB mare several months ago and it seems to fit her okay, but every pad I try slips back really badly. As in after a hard ride, I'll look back and the pad is completely over her hindquarters, out from under the saddle. I've had my saddle fitter out and she seems kind of happy with the saddle fit, but she wasn't really descriptive on why she was only kinda happy with it. She suggested that I get a Skito pad, but 1) these cost an arm and a leg and 2) they're pretty darn ugly. Lexi (my horse) seems comfortable in the saddle because if she wasn't, she would have told me so (she's five and she bucks if she's not comfortable). So here are my questions:
1) What issue with saddle fit would cause a pad to slip back so much?
2) Are there any pads that would help correct this problem?
3) If it isn't an issue with saddle fit, what kind of pad besides neoprene wouldn't slip back?
4) Are Skito pads really worth the money?
1) Bad saddle fit or loose cinch
2)If you ride english, make sure you use the straps that hold the pad to the saddle by hooking them to the straps the girth attaches to and slipping the girth through the ring at the base of the pad. See the straps I mean- http://image.made-in-china.com/4f0j0...Saddle-Pad.jpg
Anti slip pads,
Professionals Choice Non-Slip Pad Black - Horse.com
4)Never tried or heard of one. Look it up on a horse site and find some reviews.
Sorry, the first link didn't work
Anti Slip Pad
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.