The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   2 1/2 yr old Flaxen Chestnut QH Mare (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/2-1-2-yr-old-flaxen-120198/)

Phantomcolt18 04-16-2012 12:52 PM

2 1/2 yr old Flaxen Chestnut QH Mare

3 Attachment(s)
Lily is a 2 and a half year old flaxen chestnut QH mare. She currently stands at 14.3 hands and the string test estimated she’d settle out between 15 and 15.1 hands. She has a nice solid bone structure and is filling out beautifully. She has great feet and goes barefoot with no problems. She is UTD on all shots and farrier work and has a negative coggins.

She’s a very sweet mare and is very low in the herd order. She stands nicely for the vet and the dentist, but needs a little work standing for the farrier. She’s getting better with her feet but she’s far from amazing, she’s better with her fronts than her backs. She leads very well; goes when you go, stops when you stop and doesn’t pull. She loves being groomed, she’ll stand all day and let you groom her and she does very well when you clean her udders.

She’s not spooky, if something were to “startle” her she actually prefers you let her see and investigate the “scary” object before moving on.

She has not been ridden. She has had a saddle on, the people I bought her from saddled her. I, personally, have not put a saddle on her.
She’d excel in speed events or working cows. And she works beautifully off her hind end at liberty. I’ve seen her do some beautiful roll backs in the pasture and she drops her butt down and pushes off tremendously!

She does need a firmer hand because she likes to test sometimes. NO BEGINNERS, experienced horse owners only. I would like her to go to a good home where she will be trained up and used to her full potential. I feel I can’t bring her to that, hence why I am selling her; We’re just not “clicking.”

I’m asking $500 for her. If you’re interested and want any more information or pictures feel free to contact me. My email address is phantomlily252@yahoo.com. I also have some vids of her movement.

First pic was from Feb, other pics were from last week.