The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Would you and your opinion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/would-you-your-opinion-120349/)

VT Trail Trotters 04-18-2012 12:02 AM

Would you and your opinion

This is a question for anyone i guess, anyway i carry a folding knife for general use, and its concealed in my back pocket you can see the clip though. Now if you saw me in like Wal Mart or some store like that, not a tack shop ;) ha ha. And you saw the clip or some thing on the knife would you freak out at it or would you be very approving of it? Would you approach me about it saying what ever? Its legal for me to carry it anyways. Just want your ideas and opinions on it.

calicokatt 04-18-2012 12:26 AM

I always carry a pocket knife.... Unless someone has theirs out and is waving it around, I probably wouldn't even notice it....

soenjer55 04-18-2012 12:35 AM

My dad always has a knife or gun on him, and at least 15 in each room of his house, lol, so I'm beyond used to seeing it. I wouldn't say I would congratulate you for it, but I do believe that everyone should either carry a knife/ gun or know a form of self defense, so I would... approve, I guess? Lol.

ls6firebird 04-18-2012 12:39 AM

i carry the same type of knife in a front pocket with the clip out. have to for work, so its always with me. i feel lost without it. i dont see anything wrong with it, never thought anything about it really.

i dont have good luck with knives tho. my buck knive ended up burried on the floorboard of my pickup in high school. was lookin for it for weeks. guess it worked its way up and someone saw it on the floor in the parkin lot at school. that wasnt good lol

cakemom 04-18-2012 12:46 AM

Hubby and son always have the same, front pocket. Only time it's ever been a problem was when he forgot it was there at Disney and they FREAKED!! Really, Mickey is scarier than my awesome husband.

GreySorrel 04-18-2012 11:52 AM

I carry a Glock 26 so if you were carrying a pocket knife in your back pocket, I wouldn't notice as I don't go around looking for weapons though I am mindful and alert to things around me, if that makes sense.

As what someone else said, it is your right to protect yourself as you see fit as long as you are responsible for it. Also, many horse folks carry a knife of some sort with them all the time in case they need it or if things go south.

smrobs 04-18-2012 11:55 AM

I wouldn't think twice about it because I carry one too.

themacpack 04-18-2012 12:57 PM

I wouldn't give it a second thought *shrugs*

FlyGap 04-18-2012 01:42 PM

28 Attachment(s)
I carry 2 in my purse, one a multi tool, the other for whatever.
Hub FREAKS OUT if doesn't have one in his pocket, has several of the same kind all around the house, in the car, where ever.

I would give a look if I saw someone with a bowie knife hanging out, a clip, not so much! LOL!

kayleeloveslaneandlana 04-18-2012 02:04 PM

I have a pocket knife in every single one of my purses. My brothers carry them everywhere so I wouldn't really notice it.