The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   How to Properly Thank a Friend? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/how-properly-thank-friend-120423/)

aspin231 04-18-2012 04:33 PM

How to Properly Thank a Friend?

I'm travelling this summer and was worrying about how I'd know my horse was in good hands while I was away. I had a friend offer to look after him while I was gone, at her farm, and I was ecstatic! I know her animals are exceptionally well cared for, and I trust her completely with my horse.

Now beyond the fact that I have peace of mind, my friend has offered to do this for free. I have pleaded with her to let me pay her, but she won't accept my money! Her reasoning is that it won't be costing her anything so I shouldn't have to pay her, but I want to compensate her somehow!

So, my question is, beyond the verbal thank-you's and loaves of banana bread I've baked for her- what can I do to properly thank her?

Endiku 04-18-2012 04:36 PM

What a kind friend!

Does she enjoy any specific type of entertainment? (concerts, ball games, horse shows, etc) If so, you could offer to take her out once you're back for a fun evening. Another option could be buying something nice for her farm, such as some saddle racks, grooming supplies, or something.

themacpack 04-18-2012 04:37 PM

Endiku has some great ideas - you could also bring home a nice gift from your travels

FlyGap 04-18-2012 04:40 PM

28 Attachment(s)
I would provide her with a liability waiver.

aspin231 04-18-2012 04:40 PM

Thanks to both of you- those are very good suggestions, especially the night out. I may have to do a combination of multiple things to feel not 'forever-in-her-debt.'

aspin231 04-18-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyGap (Post 1460613)
I would provide her with a liability waiver.

This is a good idea- did you have any particular clauses in mind?

PetoftheDay 04-18-2012 04:42 PM

Certainly a gift from somewhere where you are traveling would be fun for her, especially if you find something horse-related!

I have the sweetest little bell - like the kind a shop would put on a counter for customers to ring - that's shaped like a turtle a friend I pet-sat for got me from London. It makes me smile.

Speed Racer 04-18-2012 04:46 PM

A nice gift card at Christmas to her favorite tack store. She certainly can't turn that down, now can she? :D

aspin231 04-18-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Racer (Post 1460629)
A nice gift card at Christmas to her favorite tack store. She certainly can't turn that down, now can she? :D

She works at the local tack store! Haha. I'll have to scope out her wish list very carefully.

FlyGap 04-18-2012 04:48 PM

28 Attachment(s)
I would just google some, don't have any handy but someone else on here might.

On a happier note! LOL!!! Get her an apple tree!