The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   37-38 Year Old Pony (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/37-38-year-old-pony-120522/)

94broncoxlt 04-19-2012 11:23 AM

37-38 Year Old Pony

3 Attachment(s)
Hello! I figured I would share some pics of Bumble Bee, the pony that will be 38 in a short time. He has cushings which is well managed and still has some spice in him. He is in incredible shape for his age - he can get down and roll, and get up fine, he can try to much on grass, he can even canter up to the gate if he wants fed badly enough! He has a special diet that keeps him going. When I began riding around 1999-2000, I was 10 and he was in his twenties. I thought he was an old fart then! His best friend was an old morgan, although he passed away years ago. Yes, Bee has weathered a lot and is the ending of an era as all the lesson horses were sold years ago. Bee stayed because he was old enough that he deserved a retirement at the farm. I took care of him during middle and high school, and somehow he still has the same personality - 'Ya, ya thats fine if you want to pet me, but is that food I smell? Maybe we should do the brushing after I get some of this grass...' I live a few hours from the farm now and some wonderful boarders take excellent care of him - he gets 'spa days' and 'mani-pedi's'!! Share your old ponies too! The first two pics are currrent, the last was him a few years ago my senior year.

2horses 04-19-2012 11:30 AM

What a cute old guy!

omgpink 04-19-2012 12:23 PM

Omg what a sweet old man! I just wanna snuggle with him!
I love his name too :)
I don't have any pics, but I used to ride an Appy that was 33 and he would still get up and go as if he wasn't a day over 10!
Posted via Mobile Device

csimkunas6 04-19-2012 01:27 PM

Wow! What a cutie he is! He sure does look like trouble though!

Casey02 04-19-2012 06:38 PM

I like his size! Glad he has found a home to live out the rest of his life!

Endiku 04-19-2012 06:58 PM

What a cutie pie! Glad to hear that he has such a wonderful home. We also have two oldies- one is 28 and is semi-retired, the other just turned 50 and is completely retired. Both seem to think they're three year olds at times though- and just like your guy- they're definitely food motivated!

Dark Intentions 04-19-2012 07:21 PM

Aww, he's so cute!<3