The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   What is this? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/what-120565/)

LuckyRVT 04-19-2012 09:20 PM

What is this?

Well FINALLY after a lot of looking I found a black western saddle for a decent price! I was so excited to put it on my black mare QH! Came home went to put it on just like normal and she decided to act like she had never seen a saddle before. I have never had problems putting on her old dark brown very worn in saddle. Any ideas???

iridehorses 04-20-2012 06:44 AM

It could have been a smell that she detected or she just recognized that it was different. I would do a real cleaning on it and leave it in your tack room for a few days then try again. Let her see and smell it before putting it on her.

AndreaSctlnd 04-20-2012 09:27 AM

LOL...my mare did the same thing. I think it was just the change and how it felt on her. She did the very same thing when I purchased a new headstall and bit for her. Now mind you, they were almost identical except color! Silly girls.

LuckyRVT 04-20-2012 06:46 PM

They are silly! She will walk up and sniff it no problem doesn't care...the only thing I can think of is that the underside is a brand spankin new yellow fluff! Where my other saddle is worn in and dirty underneath. I cant fling it up with one hand I am a weenie.
Posted via Mobile Device

AndreaSctlnd 04-20-2012 07:18 PM

I don't think that makes you a weeinie. I can't either and I don't consider myself a weenie

nvr2many 04-20-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyRVT (Post 1463841)
They are silly! She will walk up and sniff it no problem doesn't care...the only thing I can think of is that the underside is a brand spankin new yellow fluff! Where my other saddle is worn in and dirty underneath. I cant fling it up with one hand I am a weenie.
Posted via Mobile Device

You mean, a western saddle can be flung up with one hand?? :shock: Im a weenie too!

Saddlebag 04-20-2012 10:15 PM

Few men do as well.