The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   * i cant figure out where to buy a ration balancer (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/%2A-i-cant-figure-out-where-120653/)

LoveMyAppyx0o 04-20-2012 05:39 PM

* i cant figure out where to buy a ration balancer

GRRR so frustrated ! I have just done a ton of research and have a whole new feed plan for my horse and im very excited to start, however, the base of it is a ration balancer called "Buckeye Gro n Win" .

I CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE ! does anyone know if there is a website i can order a bag from ? or any stores that carry this ? I live in NY and searched and searched.

please help me !

THANK YOU THANK YOU !

Wallaby 04-20-2012 06:13 PM

BUCKEYE® Nutrition

^^^^ Dealer locator^^^^^^

Hopefully that'll help you. Most feeds have a "dealer locator" on their website. :)

You could also use a different RB. Personally, I'm "forced" to use Purina's Enrich 32 as my RB, when it wouldn't be my first preference, due to the fact that the feed stores around here don't carry brands other than Purina. My mare does fine on it even though it's not my preference feed.

LoveMyAppyx0o 04-20-2012 07:36 PM

oh, well that was easy :) theres a seller 30 minutes away. lol thank you...just out of curiosity, what is the RB of your choice ?

And also if anyone else knows if i can somehow order this online, id appreciate it just for next time :D

Wallaby 04-20-2012 08:08 PM

No problem. :)

I've heard really good things about Triple Crown, but basically anything that has a fixed % of nutrients/vitamins/minerals in each batch.
Purina has a range that they stick within but each batch can vary within that range so one batch might be rather low in a vitamin while the next batch could be relatively high in that vitamin. That kinda scares me.

LoveMyAppyx0o 04-20-2012 08:24 PM

yea that would bother me too. thats why i am so concerned now, becuase i dont even know what kinda of grain they feed at my barn ! thats why i want to start my own meal plan, it sucks now having the money to do everything yourself !

MHFoundation Quarters 04-20-2012 08:24 PM

I feed a rb and love it. I use Progressive Nutrition's ProAdvantage. They have grass, alfalfa & an ultimate formula. I use both the grass & alfalfa.

Progressive Nutrition – Research-based nutrition products for a healthy horse.

2SCHorses 04-20-2012 09:42 PM

I'm a big fan of Seminole Equalizer. It's all I will feed. My horse has never looked or felt better.

http://www.seminolefeed.com/ProductS.../Equalizer.htm

LoveMyAppyx0o 04-20-2012 09:47 PM

i looked at there website, i could only find "pro add ultimate supplement pellet" is that the same thing ?

MHFoundation Quarters 04-20-2012 10:36 PM

That's the very high protein one.

Here's the grass one (they are under diet balancers)
ProAdvantage Grass Formula

LoveMyAppyx0o 04-21-2012 01:13 AM

thank you ! how much is it a bag ? i just want to get a comparison with other RB's