The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   What do you think? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/what-do-you-think-120750/)

arrowsaway 04-21-2012 01:04 PM

What do you think?

Black and white Spotted saddle for sale in Wayne, Illinois :: HorseClicks

I didn't take these pics, so please don't ask me for better ones.
Just give me your initial thoughts based on what you see here.
He caught my eye for some reason.

Thanks!:-)

EDIT: I just googled how far away this horse is just for fun. YIKES. It's further than Indy, and that's quite a drive in and of itself. Would you drive and stay overnight? Would you haggle a much lower price and have it shipped to you without riding? Just curious how others would proceed in such a situation.

calicokatt 04-21-2012 01:11 PM

I really like him.... can't say much about his conformation though.

arrowsaway 04-21-2012 01:19 PM

Yeah, me too. I think it was the headset that got me... I thought he was very elegant. Just wanted to see if I was missing any glaring faults.
I see a long back, which I would expect to see in a horse of Walker blood, and I -think- he's tied in at the knee.

Anyone else?

arrowsaway 04-21-2012 01:39 PM

16 people and no opinions? c'mon, guys... :-P

equiniphile 04-21-2012 02:51 PM

I would not buy a horse unseen unless I had someone try him out for me or he was extensively shown and proven. I traveled to see an eventer in Maryland a few years ago, and we stayed the night in the area. Can't say much about the horse, though, other than a back that, like you pointed out, is longer than you like to see in a SSH. I would request videos before you make the drive.

lilruffian 04-22-2012 05:02 PM

Shoulder angle is a bit steep and his neck is set high.
Appears a tad high in the wither as well and his back is long.
Front legs are quite lengthy but i cannot say there is much incorrectness to them.
Cow-hocked in the back legs and it's hard to say, but he looks like he could possibly be camped out. Can't really say with those pictures, however.