The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   soft treats (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/soft-treats-121035/)

farmpony84 04-23-2012 04:06 PM

soft treats

1 Attachment(s)
I used to buy a jar of treats for my older horse, they came individually packaged and were like balls of sweet feed. Does anyone know where I can get something like that? Or a treat that is very soft? My oldest horse has 4 teeth left (in the front only) and can not chew many treats. I don't even feed him senior feed anymore, I found this pellet that is tiny and fragile, almost like a powder that he eats and the chews his hay into a cud and then spits it out.

I can slice an apple pretty thin for him and he can chew that but I thought it would be nice to have treats in the barn for him. He's a little spoiled. But Look at this face!

MakeYourMark 04-23-2012 04:17 PM

Uncle Jimmy's Squeezy Buns!! :D

They sell them all over!

Squeezy Buns | Uncle Jimmy's Brand Products

Here's a few popular online stores that sell them(:

Uncle Jimmys Squeezy Buns - Horse.com
Uncle Jimmy's Squeezy Buns - Horse Treats from SmartPak Equine
Uncle Jimmy's Squeezy Buns | Horse Health USA
Uncle Jimmy's Squeezy Buns

Horses love them(:

HorsesAreMyPassion 04-23-2012 04:31 PM

Stud Muffins are soft treats, similar to the Squeezy Buns treats.

You can get them at www.doversaddlery.com

farmpony84 04-23-2012 08:34 PM

I think stud muffins are the ones I used to buy! I got them at the local tack shop but it's not open anymore. I think I'm going to try both brands!

waresbear 04-23-2012 08:36 PM

My horses got peppermint stud muffins for Christmas. They came in a candy cane shaped tube. So I am thinking they must still sell them? Try googling them & see if you can make them, doesn't look like there is much complicated ingredients. To me, looks like just sweetfeed & black strap molasses put in a small muffin tray & refrigerated til they harden.