The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   Mid west horse abuse.. How not to train your horse to load... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/mid-west-horse-abuse-how-not-121050/)

greenbryerfarms 04-23-2012 07:55 PM

Mid west horse abuse.. How not to train your horse to load...

OH this makes me mad. lunge whip anyone? or maybe just a lunge line till it loads? shes supposed to be a trainer... yea if that were my horse that trainer would have 2 black eyes. and id have jail time.

OkieGal 04-23-2012 08:05 PM

That is one time I wish a horse would kick out! Ugh!
Posted via Mobile Device

COWCHICK77 04-23-2012 08:07 PM

50 Attachment(s)
A smack with a lunge whip hurts worse than a wiffle ball bat. A wiffle ball bat is not really abuse. I have seen way worse trailer loading.

Not my first choice for loading one though.

Cherie 04-23-2012 08:20 PM

I see NO abuse, no blood, no injuries, no rope burns, no marks or welts -- nothing to call abusive at all.

I also DO NOT see a 'good trainer'. I see one that is less than effective, has lost her temper and is not 'teaching' the horse to load.

When either the horse or the handler is in 'reactive' mode, no learning is taking place.

JMHO, Cherie

waresbear 04-23-2012 08:23 PM

That was a plastic bat, they don't hurt.

texasgal 04-23-2012 08:23 PM

Here we go again ........

HorsesAreMyPassion 04-23-2012 08:23 PM

Her timing is terrible.

Tianimalz 04-23-2012 08:27 PM

Not abusive, just plain ol stupid. I use those plastic bats to get after my dogs because they can get the reaction I want without actually hurting, and I've been known to threaten Indie with one a few times :lol:

Her attitude was all wrong though, the lady went off the handle a bit and really seems (from what I can tell in this short time frame) to be a bad trainer, or at least someone who doesn't know how to walk away before losing their temper. Her movements were choppy and messy and all over the place, she was no direct with her energy and very out of focus with the horse. Again, not abuse, just plain ol dumb.

Endiku 04-23-2012 08:28 PM

I agree with HorsesAreMyPassion. I wouldn't of had a big problem with it if she'd had the correct timing, but she was hitting the animal even when it was moving forewards. Goodness.

equiniphile 04-23-2012 08:30 PM

That lady needs a good lesson on punishment. I agree, her timing isn't the...erm....greatest.

But still, not abuse.