The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Hollywood Twista Confirmation (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/hollywood-twista-confirmation-121088/)

reiningchic11 04-23-2012 11:24 PM

Hollywood Twista Confirmation

6 Attachment(s)
Hey guys we took some confirmation shots of my trainers stallion Hollywood Twista (Woody) the other day and i just wanted to see what you thought! Hes a dream to be around and acts like a gelding more than a stallion most of the time. I absoloutly adore him! Hes by Dun It With A Twist and out of Lindas Calcutta. Enjoy!

Attachment 95862

Attachment 95863

Attachment 95864

Attachment 95865

Attachment 95866

Attachment 95867

Home -

JustAwesome 04-24-2012 12:09 AM

I'm not overly experienced with conformation critiques but in the side on pictures he's REALLY under himself, he's not set correctly.

Lins 04-24-2012 12:19 AM

I see: long back, sickle hocked, upright pasterns... I'm not very good at conformation, but he's not something I'd even think of breeding to.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tryst 04-24-2012 01:05 AM

Do you have your trainers permission to post these? Not something I would breed to either... Hind legs look scary! Very sickle hocked and upright pasterns.

soenjer55 04-24-2012 01:43 AM

I love his head, neck and shoulder, His butt looks okay, his back is long but it wouldn't bother me as much, and he is bum high.... it's his legs that I'm not fond of. His back legs are really badly sickle hocked. His pasterns don't look AS bad in the second picture, but in the fifth they are VERY straight... I hate to say it, and excuse me if I'm out of line, but I don't think he should be a stallion. :(

tinyliny 04-24-2012 01:55 AM

I agree. The hind legs are odd. It might be the way he is stood up. the angle of the rear pastern and the rear hoof almost looks like he's standing on tippy toes, as if the rear tendons in his hind legs are really tight or as if he's trying to off load weight onto his fore legs.

I have a question here; Why in western show horse photos is the horse shown with his head down so low? It's almost like he's bowing down or something, not holding it in a natural way.

JustAwesome 04-24-2012 02:01 AM

Could ask the same question as to why people make horses do many things, It's just 'how it is' i guess?

soenjer55 04-24-2012 02:19 AM

I think that's just how it is- qh's have lower set necks. It seems normal to me, but I've been around qh's all my life, lol.

Ripper 04-24-2012 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyliny (Post 1469191)
I agree. The hind legs are odd. It might be the way he is stood up. the angle of the rear pastern and the rear hoof almost looks like he's standing on tippy toes, as if the rear tendons in his hind legs are really tight or as if he's trying to off load weight onto his fore legs.

I have a question here; Why in western show horse photos is the horse shown with his head down so low? It's almost like he's bowing down or something, not holding it in a natural way.

He (or, she) is watching where they walk.

franknbeans 04-24-2012 05:48 AM

Pretty color and good breeding-but, I don't think I would breed to him either. His back is a bit long and I also agree his hinds are "odd"-especially the right. He also looks a bit downhill to me. From what I know you want reiners a bit under themselves, and slightly cow hocked (so that the rears go outside the fronts on the stop.) Nope-sorry, and for the price-he has a lot of competition that is much nicer, IMO.