The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   how often do you ride? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/how-often-do-you-ride-121175/)

RyeDING4me 04-24-2012 07:11 PM

how often do you ride?

Hi all, I was wondering how often do you ride? I have ridden Hondo twice a week and couple times we did three rides in a week. We ride for about two hours along the river or work on turns stops and transitions in the space behind my house.

I was wondering about this today because it has been 3 days since our last ride and I was going to take him out today but feel exhausted today and to be honest I don't feel up to it. The weather is not going to be good for riding this weekend so I've got to get in another ride tomorrow- before the bad weather arrives.
Posted via Mobile Device

DressageDreamer 04-24-2012 07:16 PM

I would like to be able to say every day, but it wouldn't be truthful. I am lucky to get once a week in the winter due to the mud. I am currently hoping to get 5 days a week now that the weather has turned around. My poor horse lost some of her muscle over the winter. I really need an indoor arena!

waresbear 04-24-2012 07:17 PM

I ride almost everyday, mine own horse about 5 times a week, my husband's about 4. Winters are long & hard here, so once the ice is gone, I am out there as much as possible.

nvr2many 04-24-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DressageDreamer (Post 1470220)
I would like to be able to say every day, but it wouldn't be truthful. I am lucky to get once a week in the winter due to the mud. I am currently hoping to get 5 days a week now that the weather has turned around. My poor horse lost some of her muscle over the winter. I really need an indoor arena!

Me too!!! That's Oregon for ya!!!
Not much in the winter but lately like 4 times a week. So much happier!

tinyliny 04-24-2012 07:33 PM

I ride three times a week, but I don't own my own horse, nor do they live on my property.

kayleeloveslaneandlana 04-24-2012 08:00 PM

I ride 5 days a week... Sometimes 6.

MHFoundation Quarters 04-24-2012 08:05 PM

Every day, all of mine get one or 2 days off a week so I don't ride all of them every day but I do ride several each day.

poppy1356 04-24-2012 08:20 PM

4-5 days a week now that it's nice out. I'm lucky that I board but it's only about 5 miles away. In winter I plan to ride just as much weather permitting.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sophie19 04-24-2012 08:31 PM

Five days on a good week. If it's rainy or I have things going on then less. On a bad week one or two rides.

BarrelracingArabian 04-24-2012 08:40 PM

Well for now with school it is generally 2-3 times a week but hoping that with getting my license and school getting out i will be out there 4-5 times a week atleast.
Posted via Mobile Device