The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keifer Built & Exiss quality

26K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  kait18 
#1 ·
I am thinking of purchasing either a Keifer Built (2009) or an Exiss (2008) 4 horse w/LQ. Does anyone have thoughts on the quality of these brands? Thanks!

#2 ·
I have an 03 Keifferbuilt and I love it. It's really been good for me. My only complaint is that it does leak around the A/C and my husband has to fix it every summer. (that started about 2 years ago). Other than that. I love it. We've been looking for my next trailer though and I think the one we liked was... Now I can't remember... I'll have to look it up... Lakota maybe?

#6 ·
I had a Keifer stock trailer that was built in the 90's. Loved that trailer! It was a very well built and tough. I gave it to my aunt who is still using it.
Don't know about the quality now though.

#11 ·
I would take a Keifer over the Exiss any day. We had a couple Exiss and I will never go there again. They rattled apart and never held up for us, and when I mean rattled apart I literally mean it. We had to replace and fix SO many rivets after the first year it was crazy. Just very cheap put together IMO.

I know friends who have Keifers and LOVE them I LOVE them. They are super nice trailers that hold up very well. The only thing keeping me from buying one is I don't think they come in a 8' wide only 7'.

Reactions: firechef2
#13 ·
Exiss

I have a 2003 Exiss and I love it. I have friends with later models that have had recalls and many issues. I have been looking for a new trailer and for the trade in the dealers have told me I have one the the last good years before they had issues.

#16 ·
I will vouch for Keifer. here's why...
There was a horse trailer accident near the barn. A Keifer Trailer loaded with a horse was being hauled on the highway and at a full stop for a stoplight. A very large professional moving truck (the big cargo box truck variety) was going about 45mph and didn't see the light or trailer. Plowed straight into the back of the trailer! The trailer took the brunt of the impact. The front partition collapsed and the horse was ejected (I was told by manufacturer rep this is a safety feature) rather than trapping the horse in the stall area that was crunched into an accordion. It's a testament to the trailer design and the vets passing by, who stopped to assist, that this horse was standing after the accident and able to load on its own into another trailer for transfer to the vet clinic.

#18 ·
yeap agree i have a 91 keiffer 2 horse straight load and absolutely love it. the previous owner made some changes because of his horse such as making the ramp load a step up load. and everything still works like a dream.
have had no issues with the trailer just the usual maintenance and this thing will be going for another 5+ years with me.
definitly love the keiffer's :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.