The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Finally had my first fall! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/finally-had-my-first-fall-121344/)

WesternBella 04-25-2012 10:03 PM

Finally had my first fall!

At my lesson tonight, I finally had my first fall. I'll tell you more about it later when I can think straight.
Posted via Mobile Device

LostDragonflyWings 04-25-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WesternBella (Post 1472564)
At my lesson tonight, I finally had my first fall. I'll tell you more about it later when I can think straight.
Posted via Mobile Device

I hope you are okay! It is good to get the first one out of the way though. ;)
I don't remember my very first fall, but after a while you stop caring to a small extent, as long as it is not serious. My last fall was probably 3-4 months ago (though the fall before that was about 6 years prior) and was when my horse tripped and fell almost to his shoulders. I landed on my shoulder, rolled onto my back and saw his front hoof and nose coming straight for my face. Thankfully, I was able to get out of the way in time. For that fall, nobody saw it happen, but were around and came as I was getting up. I wasn't even embarrased that time and just jumped back on and started working again. :)

tinyliny 04-25-2012 11:13 PM

you get your gold star on your forehead!

Skyseternalangel 04-25-2012 11:27 PM

One of many, my friend!

Glad you're okay :)

Country Woman 04-26-2012 12:12 AM

I hope you are ok Western Bella

QHriderKE 04-26-2012 12:19 AM

I remember my first fall...
It was more of a buck off...

Have fun! It's all a part of the game!

oh vair oh 04-26-2012 01:21 AM

Aw, that sucks ): My falls always started out in slow motion. It takes a while before you realize that you can actually move when something goes wrong... does anybody else feel like that?

Skyseternalangel 04-26-2012 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oh vair oh (Post 1472846)
Aw, that sucks ): My falls always started out in slow motion. It takes a while before you realize that you can actually move when something goes wrong... does anybody else feel like that?

Sort of.. mine was more backwards.

My first fall from Sky was terrifying.. it happened so fast and I was numb to any pain.. I just got up shocked that I was on the ground, and went and caught him.

Now.. anytime I'm going to fall (and I feel it coming) I have literally all the time in the world to plan or react. My last fall was more like me hanging onto his neck while he was running around in a frenzy over a moved barrel. I dug my heels into the arena (so he felt some resistance) and I kept asking him to halt by pulling on the inside rein sharply. When he listened I released pressure and growled at him for failing to listen (it made me feel better.) It was a very strange un-seating.

WesternBella 04-26-2012 10:07 AM

Hey everyone!
Thanks for all the concern, I'll be fine :)

I'm suuuper sore right now, but I think that's the worst part. I'm hoping to do some barrel racing on Friday so I better hurry up & get better!!

Anyways, on to the story:

I was at my lesson & there were five of us doing the flag relay. The girl on my team passed me the flag, I started to weave through the pattern & Ransom farted, spooked, hit an obstacle & spun to the left, I tried to catch myself but I went straight down, everything was in slow motion & it felt so weird. The best thing about it was that Ransom just stood there, what a good horsey <3 The instructor helped me up & made me get back on & keep riding, we were fine but everything just felt a little foggy.

I agree OVO, it was slow mo & I really didn't know what was happening.
Posted via Mobile Device

QHriderKE 04-26-2012 02:36 PM

My falls have never been slo-mo. Probably because they were just too fast for me to react and stay on!

It's one of many falls that will come! Especially if you decide to be silly and purposely fall off your horse loping bareback in the arena... them were the days.