The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Is it just really bad posture? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/just-really-bad-posture-121361/)

VT Trail Trotters 04-26-2012 02:58 AM

Is it just really bad posture?

When sitting, walking and even standing i have horrendous posture! Explain how i look like walking my upper back is very arched and my shoulders dont really slouch. Its how i naturally walk, stand and sit and if i do try to stand strait i have to make myself and its not to comfortable. Only time i have "good" posture is riding but still ill slouch and then catch myself. I seem to having more lower back pain but it may be from my accident, but its to the side which makes no sense. But is this a posture problem or something else with my spine? I havent seen the doc bout it but im going for a physical soon so ill ask then if i have to.

Skyseternalangel 04-26-2012 03:04 AM

This is going to sound odd, but pictures?

VT Trail Trotters 04-26-2012 03:06 AM

Okay, like of me standing and like a side view?

Skyseternalangel 04-26-2012 03:20 AM

Probably a side view of you sitting and of you standing.

Honestly the best thing to do is talk with your doctor and see if you can get an x-ray of your spine, or see a chiropractor and they can generally see what's going on. We can only help you with so much

VT Trail Trotters 04-26-2012 03:23 AM

I can do that Sky, probably tomarrow. Ill have to talk with the doc about it, does my spine cracking alot matter too?

Skyseternalangel 04-26-2012 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VT Trail Trotters (Post 1472929)
I can do that Sky, probably tomarrow. Ill have to talk with the doc about it, does my spine cracking alot matter too?

Mine does too, it's just air popping and sometimes when you don't move around a lot the muscles get locked up. Never know for sure until you get an exam if there's something else going on however.

VT Trail Trotters 04-26-2012 11:49 AM

Ha ha okay, ill have to see the doc about it.

Corporal 04-26-2012 12:15 PM

Stretching exercises help a lot. I prefer classical dance warmups, some people like yoga. When you sit pull your chin down. Lots of people stick out their backs and reach forward with their chins and this practices slouching and bad posture.
I guess my history as a pianist helps ME bc pianists do not sit all the way back on the piano stool. We sit forward, left leg bent so that the left foot is tucked under the stool to help balance the right foot, at the ready to use a pedal.
Try sitting forward on your computer chaire, and try tucking your feet under your computer chair and cross them. This will help, too.
It's probably a matter of bad habits. Most people have an uneven spine, but you can correct this with stretching and muscle workouts.

VanillaBean 04-26-2012 12:44 PM

I have weird posture, too. My chiropractor said I am built different than normal people (nice, I know...-_-). I have an arch at the bottom and I kinda roll my shoulders at the top. I do have some compressed discs that are to blame for the shoulder roll. Maybe you have that problem, too?

WesternBella 04-26-2012 12:46 PM

I vote chiropractor, I believe that even if you have a good back..you should still visit a chiropractor often.
Posted via Mobile Device