The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Need Help! Looking for a new saddle! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/need-help-looking-new-saddle-121414/)

Cpodratz 04-26-2012 01:54 PM

Need Help! Looking for a new saddle!

I am very new to the western world (rode english my whole life) and I'm looking for a saddle that I could use for trail but arena work also. I'm looking into reining primarily. The horse I am getting does reining and cutting so he's an all around guy. I can't spend above $1800 right now. I am looking at the Stacy Westfall Stagecoach West saddle and the Rocking R Reiner. Does anybody have any reviews or recommendations?

iridehorses 04-26-2012 02:00 PM

Welcome to the forum. I moved your thread to a forum that should get you more answers.

Personally, I had 2 saddles done by SouthernTrails (a member here) and love them. Prices are reasonable and he is a good guy to talk to and will work with members on price. Custom Western Saddles, Custom Western Saddle, Ranch Saddle

Cpodratz 04-26-2012 02:05 PM

Thank you! Which forum did you move it to?

iridehorses 04-26-2012 02:10 PM

The one you are in now. It was in Western Riding but I move it to Horse Tack and Equipment.

Cpodratz 04-26-2012 02:12 PM

Oh okidoki. Didn't see that section haha ;D

Ink 04-26-2012 02:16 PM

I ordered my reining saddle from continental saddlery. It's supposed to get here tomorrow, so I'll let you know how it rides then, but I've read and heard nothing but good things about them. They are pretty expensive, but the folks there were super nice and helpful. I've heard good things about rocking R too though.

Horse Tack Review.com - Reviews of horse tack and rider supplies! <-- You can check there. Most of the reviews are really helpful.

iridehorses 04-26-2012 02:19 PM

Unfortunately Rockin R has gone through some changes. The founder died a year or 2 ago. I've seen some of their new saddles and I'm not impressed. Their older stuff was pretty decent.

Radiowaves 04-29-2012 12:50 PM

If you can find one that's within your budget, I'd recommend the Billy Royal West Coast Reiner. I got mine used and really like it. I use it sometimes on the trail as well as for arena work. Really comfortable and nice fit and finish.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpodratz (Post 1473557)
I am very new to the western world (rode english my whole life) and I'm looking for a saddle that I could use for trail but arena work also. I'm looking into reining primarily. The horse I am getting does reining and cutting so he's an all around guy. I can't spend above $1800 right now. I am looking at the Stacy Westfall Stagecoach West saddle and the Rocking R Reiner. Does anybody have any reviews or recommendations?

Posted via Mobile Device