The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Looking for Equine Chiropractors and equine massage therapists (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/looking-equine-chiropractors-equine-massage-therapists-121611/)

Thunder Struck 04-28-2012 09:39 AM

Looking for Equine Chiropractors and equine massage therapists

Hello, I am looking for a equine chiropractor in southwestern ontario for my horse Jiggs.i have looked around on the internet, and it seems there are so many! so, i thought i'd ask if anyone around here has experience with any of the local ones in chatham-kent area. we are looking to have a chiropracter come out to visit him first, to see if anything is out of line, as his back has been sore and his back legs have especially tight. he has always sported a short springy stride, but just lately, he has been just choppy and seems uncomfortable. i have noticed lately as well, he has been horseing around with my other horse Thunder much more lately, and perhaps he hurt himself when rearing or bucking out in the paddock. in any case, we want to have him checked out by a chiropractor, and then have a massage therapist to see him as well.
So any suggestions or recomendations for someone in the southwestern ontario region would be appreciated. thank you! :-)

Skyseternalangel 04-28-2012 09:48 AM

Have you asked your vet which one they recommend? Otherwise call up a few of the close ones and ask to meet them, ask them about their practice and experience.. maybe see if you can watch or talk to a few of their customers (with permission) to see if it's a worthy pick or not.

Gotta be careful, make sure the person that messes with your horse knows what they are doing.

Thunder Struck 04-28-2012 10:01 AM

i have not yet talked to my vet about it, it has been just recent and i am waiting til monday to call in. and yes, most definitely i want a proffessional who knows what they're doing, i am hoping to find one who is not just a registered equine chiropractor, but is exceptional at their work. so thank you, i am hoping to speak to the local practises to see how i like them.