The Horse Forum (http://www.horseforum.com/forumindex.php)
- Horse Grooming (/horse-grooming/)
- - Scallop Braid? And question about tail braid too (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/scallop-braid-question-about-tail-braid-121638/)
Scallop Braid? And question about tail braid too
I've seen some pictures in braid threads off and on with "scallop braids." I am really interested in how you do these, can anybody tell me? Are they for long or pulled manes?
Also how far down the tail do you do a tail braid. I get mixed comments at shows sometimes. Some people say I braid down to far, some people say not far enough.... Is there a set standard?
I'm growing Cinny's mane out this year as I only show him at schooling shows anyway, and we may be leaving the show ring soon depending on how well he does or doesn't respond to Ulcer Meds. What are some other interesting ways to braid a long-ish mane? His mane is about 10 -12 inches now.
Thanks for any responses, and sorry if this is yet another repeat of braiding threads... I just couldn't find any that explains HOW to do a scallop, only pictures of them.
I have also been searching for how to scallop braid, I know it can be used on any length mane.
You connect the end of the first braid to the beginning of the second or 3 (skipping braids for longer manes or if you want tighter scallops) I think. . .
I am not a member of this forum here, but I found this page from a bing search How do you do Scallop Braids???
I am a horseforum.com kind of girl ;)
just found this further down on that thread
To do a scalloped mane you:
1) braid the mane into individual braids, using sections about 1 to 1 1/2 inches wide, with matching color yarn or thread braided in.
2) the first baid of the neck is passed behind the second and pulled up underneath the base of the third braid. this can be done with a baid puller or using thread and a braiding needle. the ends are seperated, crossed underneath the third braid and tied in a square knot on the top, about 1/4 inch down on the side of the braid. the ends are trimmed short.
3) the next braid is passed underneath the one next to it and pulled up and tied off under the next braid. this is continued down the neck. the scallops will look best if the braid is given a slight twist so that it turns and lies flat.
4) at the end of the neck, the last braid is looped under and fastend as a regular mane braid. the last two braids are fastend underneath this braid.
also i have found this site it shows you how to prepare an braid for shows!!
hope this helps!!
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:43 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.