The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Gaited Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/)
-   -   Show me your fox trotters! (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/show-me-your-fox-trotters-121653/)

cowgirl928 04-28-2012 07:51 PM

Show me your fox trotters!

7 Attachment(s)
Hey fellow fox trotter lovers! Share your story about your trotters, any story is good :D Show photos! If you have photos of sire and dam, show those too! What do you use your trotter for? What is the history of you and trotters? Bring on the stories!

I will start :) I own Hunny, a fox trotter that I purchased last June because I wanted a horse with harder hooves and had heard that pallys and buckskins were the way to go. So I found a pally online, I didn't know anything about fox trotters when I bought her because I had bought her for just trails. Well, before she came home I did some research and LOVED what I found! When I did buy her, I was told she may be registered. I tried to track down previous owners and guess what?! BINGO! Today I called a previous owner and HE HAS HER PAPERS! So she is registered! WOOO! I am supposed to receive them next week :) Anyways...Hunny is 5 years old by what I know, and we enjoy fox trotting and flat-foot walking all over the place :) we do trails, lots and lots of trails! Hopefully next summer we will be doing some endurance too! :D Here are some photos of my girlie :)

The photos with me in them is b4 losing about 24 lbs so I look a tad different now :) not so much baby fat! :lol:

imagaitin 04-29-2012 12:26 AM

Beautiful horse! It appears you two have a wonderful connection. So great to see that!

Tonipony 04-29-2012 10:54 PM

She is really pretty. Do you know what her registered name is?

trailhorserider 04-29-2012 11:37 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Here is my Missouri Fox Trotter mare. I love her so much! More fun than a barrel of monkeys! :mrgreen:

I got her dirt cheap for trail riding. Gaited horses are so expensive around here I never thought I would be able to afford one. So it was like a miracle!

She also came with a bun in the oven I didn't know about. But that is a long story! That's her and her baby in my avatar.

cowgirl928 04-30-2012 10:03 AM

Toniponi- I do not know her registered name at the moment, the papers are in the mail and on their way to me.

Trailhorserider- I got Hunny for super cheap too! Most people up here don't even know what a fox trotter is lol now that I look at fox trotters and know what they are worth my eyes almost bug out of my head knowing how dang cheap I got her! Thank you North Dakota for being set in your quarter horse ways ;)

gigem88 04-30-2012 10:14 AM

Very nice horses!

imagaitin 04-30-2012 10:40 AM

Trailhorserider: Your horse LOOKS sweet. And she came with foal? Wow; how great is that?

It looks like your location states "Arizona". I take for granted that is northern AZ? Beautiful aspens in the pics, along with pinion? Great riding country.

cowgirl928 04-30-2012 11:50 AM

She does look like a doll! Mine came with a bun in the oven too! Sounds like we need to go riding together with our trotter sweethearts and their babies :)

Come on peeps I wanna see more trotters from ya! :)

Tonipony 05-01-2012 06:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok, here is my Fox Trotter stallion. I got him as a staved almost to death 4 year old. He is short, only 13.2 and he is also registered #1 in the Missouri Fox Trotter Pony registry. I live only 5 miles from the MFTHBA headquarters.

imagaitin 05-01-2012 08:14 PM

Toni -
Beautiful guy; I love his thick neck. He is lucky he found you, and that you brought him back to health!