The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Shows (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/)
-   -   Lead Line Gripe... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/lead-line-gripe-121758/)

Dartanion 04-29-2012 05:35 PM

Lead Line Gripe...

Ok so my daughter is going to be 1 next year and I am very excited to turn my seasoned show horse into her lead line horse. My only problem is... Every single lead line class I have ever seen (have not seen any rated lead line classes and honestly don't know if there are any) everyone wins. Don't get me wrong in a way I understand it feels good for everyone to win BBUUUTTT..... I want my daughter to learn that you can't and won't ALWAYS win. I don't want her to do lead line and get first all the time then start doing 10&under and get a second or not place at all and start crying. Am I the only one who thinks they should not give first to everyone all the time.

P.s. I think play days are an exception and perhaps schooling shows at the barn etc etc but does everyone get first because it is hard to judge a lead line class? Heck I do it all the time and there are some GOOD little riders out there.

oh vair oh 04-29-2012 06:32 PM

Breed shows judge leadline classes with regular placings, at least in APHA. Try an upper level show?

Dartanion 04-29-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oh vair oh (Post 1478524)
Breed shows judge leadline classes with regular placings, at least in APHA. Try an upper level show?

Thank you for the FYI =) I've only done 3 lead line classes mostly as being a handler and I have watched a couple of non schooling show classes but nothing like Congress or rated shows etc.

spurstop 05-01-2012 11:33 AM

Please note that for APHA leadline classes, the child must be between the ages of 3 and 8.

I should hope that other show associations follow similar guidelines.