The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Tack and Equipment Classifieds (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/)
-   -   Dressage Saddle & Bridle, Hunter Saddle & Bridle, Helmet, Spurs (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/dressage-saddle-bridle-hunter-saddle-bridle-121787/)

huntrjumprjenn 04-29-2012 10:11 PM

Dressage Saddle & Bridle, Hunter Saddle & Bridle, Helmet, Spurs

6 Attachment(s)
Hello!
I am looking to sell quite a bit of tack because I no longer use it and need to pay for my horse's recent surgery. Please take a look, I have more photos if interested and will answer any questions! Thank you:).

Passier Hannover Nicole Grand Gilbert Saddle, Like New ($2300) - This is a 17" medium tree, substantial thigh blocking, and standard straight long billeting system. It has a deep seat and moderate twist. I am including the stirrup irons and leathers with the sale. This saddle has only had one owner previous to me; she owned it for 2 years and only used it for one. I only used the saddle for 4 months, making it practically brand new. It has had quite a bit of oiling and has had been in the best of care so the leather is super soft. I have seen saddles in similar conditions offered for $3,000. I am asking $2,300 for mine, which is a fantastic deal.
Attachment 96486

Children's Spurs with Leather Straps ($25) - These Tom Thumb children's spurs are brand new as are the leather straps. I accidentally bought the wrong size and simply tried them on; of course, they didn't fit. This is another great deal, as the spurs themselves are $20 new and the straps are $15.
Attachment 96483

Harry Dabbs Close Contact Saddle ($200) - This saddle has also only had two owners; myself for 8 years (only a few years use) and a girl previous to me for 3 years. It is in great condition, but has the flaw of cat scratches on the right side. It was left unattended in the tack room one day:(. It is 16.5" and in fantastic shape outside of the marks.
Attachment 96487

Stubben Classical Dressage Bridle ($170) - This bridle, similar to the saddle, was used for all of a few months. It is lined and in absolutely prefect condition. It has been cared for extremely well and is super soft. My horse is a Warmblood, so it is for a larger horse. It is a really nice bridle and retails new at $289.
Attachment 96482

Pony Bridle ($50) - This bridle was used on my large pony for 2 years. It is a Collegiate and is in great condition.
Attachment 96484

Helmet ($25) - This helmet was used for all of a few months; I soon after got a Charles Owens. It has never had impact; the scratches are just from being tossed in the tack trunk. It is labeled a "Medium," which corresponds with like a 7 1/8."
Attachment 96489

I will have more riding apparel including boots coming soon, just need to get some pictures. Thanks for looking, and please feel free to post questions or interest!

WalnutPixie 05-01-2012 11:43 AM

Alright, you got my attention. What a clever idea it was to comment on that other post; you showed up right in my email this morning. xD

A few questions about the pony bridle then. Can it adjust to 39" over the poll from one end of the bit to the other? Ideally I'd like for that adjustment to be right in the middle, with a hole or two on either side. Is the bridle a true pony size or cob/small horse? Does it have a flash nose band, crank nose band, or regular? Could I have a picture of the bit attachment? Does it come with reins by any chance?

huntrjumprjenn 05-01-2012 06:15 PM

Haha, I thought it was good marketing if I do say so myself:). The bridle actually goes to 42" on the last holes, so I think you could do 39" with at least one hole on each side. The bridle is a cob size with a regular raised fancy stitch noseband and headband. It comes with braided leather reins which are also in great shape. I can't quite figure out how to paste the photos in this response since I'm fairly new, so I will try to PM them to you!

huntrjumprjenn 05-05-2012 11:28 AM

The pony bridle is sold, thank you WalnutPixie:)!

WalnutPixie 05-13-2012 12:48 AM

I thought I'd give this thread a friendly bump and use it as an excuse to share how snazzy Diamond looks in her new bridle ;)

Thanks hunterjumperjen!

http://www.horseforum.com/members/18...ooks-28948.jpg

huntrjumprjenn 05-14-2012 09:51 PM

She's gorgeous:)! I'm so glad it fits and looks so good! Thank you for being such a great first customer for me, WalnutPixie:)

DressageDreamer 05-15-2012 12:31 PM

GREAT price on the Harry Dabbs Close Contact Saddle. I wish I needed another saddle :-P If people do a search for that brand of saddle, they will find that they are quite expensive, even used. Good luck selling your tack!!

KismetsLITTLEmommy 05-16-2012 04:32 PM

What is the size of the Close Contact Saddle you have? I am new to the English world so am slightly unsure of what size I need. Right now, my TB wears a Full quarter horse bar western saddle. So please take that into consideration.

Thanks!

huntrjumprjenn 05-16-2012 04:36 PM

The Harry Dabbs has been sold, but thank you for your interest!
Posted via Mobile Device

amp23 05-20-2012 10:27 PM

Do you still have the helmet? I'm very interested!