The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   Thoughts on Chris Cox (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/thoughts-chris-cox-121812/)

Army wife 04-30-2012 07:22 AM

Thoughts on Chris Cox

I have recently started watching some of Chris Cox's videos and I really like him. What is your opinion on Chris Cox?

franknbeans 04-30-2012 07:25 AM

Same as yours. I actually saw him at the Road to the horse 2011, and really liked him. However, I do not subscribe to any ONE person. That is too limiting, IMO, and they all have something to offer.

Army wife 04-30-2012 07:49 AM

Yeah. I guess he's the only one who has ever one RTTH 3 years in a row, thats saying something in my book! I usually just do my own thing with my horses. I have learned to communicate with them, so this stuff is just like one step further. I agree with limiting yourself. But you should always take everything with a grain of salt as they say. Not every one horse is the same.

HorseCrazyGirlForever 04-30-2012 12:16 PM

Cool guy!

cowboy bowhunter 04-30-2012 02:41 PM

I like to watch his shows. I have learned quite a bit from watching his show then going and trying what he was talking about. He has a really good cutting horse operation too.

Ian McDonald 04-30-2012 03:19 PM

Seen him live a few times and really enjoyed it. Confident is the word that describes the guy. He does pretty much the same ride on every horse, headset and hindquarters. He does it with such a good feel and good timing though, and they all start looking broke before he's done. Good horseman.

MakeYourMark 05-15-2012 09:43 PM

Pompous ass. I met him once and he was a complete jerk, and I've found other people who said the same thing. No comment on his riding or training.

themacpack 05-15-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakeYourMark (Post 1501748)
Pompous ass. I met him once and he was a complete jerk, and I've found other people who said the same thing. No comment on his riding or training, although one of my mother's boyfriends bought a bit from him and it ended up rubbing the horse's mouth raw in a few places could have been his hands, though.

So why make that a point in your post -- implying that it was the fact that it was one of his bits that caused there to be a problem?

MakeYourMark 05-15-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themacpack (Post 1501759)
So why make that a point in your post -- implying that it was the fact that it was one of his bits that caused there to be a problem?

I have edited the post to avoid offending anyone further. My apologies; please accept my humble groveling as homage for my terrible mistake. *grovel*

rednecklove 05-15-2012 10:02 PM

I personally like clinton anderson way more than chris cox