The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Got myself a project for the summer (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/got-myself-project-summer-121856/)

Fowl Play 04-30-2012 01:50 PM

Got myself a project for the summer

A gal at our barn works 16 hours a day, at 2 different hospitals and has no time for her 5 year old mare. My barn owner and her were talking about finding a person at the barn to work with the mare for the spring and summer. B.O. called me and told me about it. It is basically a free lease...owner pays the board, feed, hoof care, I get to ride her horse as much as I want. Works out nicely since I'm there 5-6 days a week now while my daughter rides her new horse.

She's a beautiful mare, only 14.2 but she's just bored and lonely. I have barn chores 1-2 days a week, and have been around her for nearly 2 years now. I know her pretty well, and she's got decent manners. She'll definitely need a refresher course, but for once I get to have horsey time while my daughter does, instead of watching.:D

Cinnys Whinny 04-30-2012 01:54 PM

That is so wonderful... so happy for you. You are going to have so much fun!

live2ride8 04-30-2012 01:56 PM

Sounds like a great deal! Let us know how it goes with her :)
Posted via Mobile Device

caseymyhorserocks 04-30-2012 06:15 PM

Pictures?!

Fowl Play 04-30-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caseymyhorserocks (Post 1480348)
Pictures?!

She hasn't had a brush run over her since December maybe. She's looking a little rough right now. Pictures will have to wait until she's shed and shiny. She doesn't know much on the ground but she's starving for attention so no matter what I do with her she'll love.

CLaPorte432 04-30-2012 09:46 PM

893 Attachment(s)
Very cool. It's great how things work out sometimes huh?

Country Woman 04-30-2012 09:54 PM

good for you Fowl Play

Fowl Play 04-30-2012 10:00 PM

I filled up a 5 gallon bucket with hair, that's how shaggy she is. This is not a horse I would buy, if she came up for sale. She has HYPP, but hasn't had any episodes in 2 years. She's supposedly has quite a bit of training under saddle, but we'll have to wait a while to see that. We do a lot of Clinton Anderson stuff at our barn, so I'll teach her the fundamentals and then see where we go from there. She's such a sweet, needy little girl. It'll be fun to spend the time working with her. I have 34 days left of this school year so then I'll have the summer off.

newhorsemom 05-01-2012 12:09 PM

Lucky you and lucky horse!! Sounds like you're going to have a wonderful summer. Enjoy!