The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Your opinions on these horses (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/your-opinions-these-horses-121885/)

Tasia 04-30-2012 05:41 PM

Your opinions on these horses

At this point I have a pretty vague idea of what I want discipline I want to go with. Reining, HUS, low level dressage. Are the top three, at this present moment I want another project, to take as far as I can in that specific horses skill set.

HCBC Forums • View topic - Stunning 2006 APHA Mare for sale

Local HUS, english pleasure, possible lower level breed shows.

HCBC Forums • View topic - Well started all around APHA/AQHA perlino gelding
reining, really wish this guy was a mare. My strong point is reining and i REALLY like him.

HCBC Forums • View topic - 15.2hh Gelding-Video
Low Level dressage. Hes too cute, from the video, his lope needs a little work but he looks steady.

Your opinions on these three?

And just for the hell of it, I LOVE this one....way out of my price range.

Castanet Classifieds - Husband bought a Harley

Thank you!:D

oh vair oh 04-30-2012 05:46 PM

I like the first two, and I like the second one the best. He has a really nice booty, lol. I think reining and Dressage go hand in hand, so you could definitely do both on either of those. I like them better than the expensive horse (whose back is extremely long).

gypsyvanner 04-30-2012 05:50 PM

the second one for sure . And you obviously like him too :)
Posted via Mobile Device

lilruffian 04-30-2012 05:53 PM

The Paint mare is beautiful. I love her shoulder and she has a decent neck set.
Front legs look a bit posty.
Appears bumhigh in that photo.
Sharp slope to her croup and needs muscling in her hindquarters.
Back legs are just the tiniest bit sickled and again she is very upright on her pasterns.

I really like the 2nd horse. Lovely color and a good shoulder. Beautiful neck as well.
Good deep girth and his front legs are really nice.
Back might be just a touch long.
I personally like his hindquarters and his back legs.

The 3rd has a steep shoulder angle and although his front legs look good, his cannons appear a little short.
Nice back. Sharp slope to his croup but otherwise nice hindquarters.
Hard to say about his back legs but nothing seems to be glaringly off.

I would personally go for the 2nd horse and if not that one, then the 3rd. Compared to the other 2, i dont really like horse #1.

equiniphile 04-30-2012 07:11 PM

Love the second one; her build is fantastic and her coloring is just icing on the cake.

Skyseternalangel 04-30-2012 07:22 PM

I personally like the 3rd but you seem to really like the second.

I don't know how well draftX will do in reining and he's still learning 'Dressage.'

For the second he seems a little butt high but he looks like he'd be a nice horse.

The first.. she's beautiful in colour but I don't like a few things about her though it may look better with more muscle/fat though she isn't skinny.

thesilverspear 04-30-2012 08:32 PM

The paint mare looks downhill, her pasterns are too upright for my tastes, and I don't like her neck.

The perlino gelding looks lovely. Yum.

The draft cross looks okay-ish for lower level dressage but would probably be a terrible reiner. He has a really short neck and is quite thick through the throatlatch. If you wanted to foxhunt, however, that's your guy. ;-)

CLaPorte432 04-30-2012 08:36 PM

I love, love, love the perlino gelding. He looks a little downhill but I really like him. If he was around here, I'd talk my mom into buying him. LoL. Beautiful boy! I'm jealous. ;-)

Tasia 04-30-2012 10:39 PM

Thanks, like I said, I would train the horse in the skill set in which they excell in. So no I wont make the draft a reinier. I dont think my trainer would let me either lol!

paintedpastures 05-01-2012 11:45 PM

Like the first 2 best:D
The Paint mare has sound like she has had more riding. I'd want to see more pics & video of her to check out those front legs more.:-| but rest of her I like.
The Gelding is definitely Handsome.He only has 60 days on him so will still be pretty green.Also he isn't very tall......

Looking at that site also saw another that may work for you.:D

HCBC Forums • View topic - APHA/PtHA mare - awesome colour! VIDEO!!
Apha/ptha Reg'd Mare - Awesome Colour & Conformation! same horse different ad:-)