The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Member Journals (http://www.horseforum.com/member-journals/)
-   -   Meg and Willow (http://www.horseforum.com/member-journals/meg-willow-1219/)

meggymoo 03-21-2007 01:12 PM

Meg and Willow

Ok, I thought I'd have ago. :D Been to the yard this afternoon to see both my babies. Got my usual greetings over the stable doors, both so pleased to see me. I keep disallusioning my self into believing that it is me they are pleased to see and not the goodies in my pocket!!! :lol:
Decided to spend 30 mins schooling! First 10 mins didn't start out right. We had a good broncing session (the sort you can sit to) :roll: Then we decided to be numb to my aids!!!!
She came round eventually, now that she was too tired to do anything other! :roll: The last 10 mins went well, we had a nice outline and she did some nice leg yielding, Hooray!!!
Willow had about 15 mins lungeing, he's only 11.2hh so a bit too small for me.
Now I'm home its back to chatting on here (inbetween the house work of course!!) :wink: xx

bolly 03-21-2007 03:55 PM

how many horses do yu have? x

meggymoo 03-21-2007 06:02 PM

Two! :D

bolly 03-21-2007 06:04 PM

great! x

meggymoo 03-21-2007 06:26 PM

What do you hope to get? Any paticular breed etc?

bolly 03-21-2007 06:34 PM

maybe a thorughbred (however yu spell it!) or a rescue horse. Id rather the rescue horse tho x

meggymoo 03-23-2007 10:52 AM

Well, went to the yard early today for a change. It's freezing cold and of course I forgot my gloves. I must be having one of those days as I also forgot my half chaps, and didn't realise till I got there that I'd also put on my wrong jodhpur boots!!! So I had to borrow a friends stirrups as my foot wouldn't fit in mine!! :oops: :oops:

Both my babes had a thorough grooming, much to Meg's dismay as I had to remove her rug. She soon became happy when I started scratching her favourite spot!
She became moody again though, when she saw the saddle hung over the stable door. The look of dismay, as if to say "What? Work again!!"
I decided to school (again) as hacking isn't so great on her. She had her usual giddy spell of bucking and broncing and then settled quickly into work for a change! Even impressed me with a few flying changes :shock: So I'm really pleased with my girl today...

Here's two pic's of her today! :D
http://www.horseforum.com/userpix/728_Megan2_1.jpg[/url]
http://www.horseforum.com/userpix/728_Megan_1.jpg

meggymoo 03-24-2007 01:09 PM

:roll: Oh I've had fun today!!! Meg's had a day off, so I thought I'd take my daughter (who is 4yrs old) and let her have a play on Willow.
He gets a little fresh if he's not been out for a few days, so I tend to lunge him for a while, till he settles and gets rid of that sharpness.

Well it's quite windy today, and as there are tree's around our arena, it was as if a predator would jump out and get him any minute! I might add that although he's only 11.2hh he managed to bolt that quickly he pulled me over!!! :oops:
When he settled and realised he wasn't going to be eaten, I let Ellie get on him. :roll: He was fine for the first 5 mins then waaay heey, dock pointing to the sky, nostrils flaring, snorting, leaping into the air and strutting his stuff like a stallion! My daughter is such a confident little monkey, she thought it was hilarious, but I was "Oh my god, she's going to fall off! :shock: :shock: "
Me being the panicing parent, wanting to get her off and her saying I want to stay on and laughing!!!
I wish I had half her confidence! :lol: :lol:

meggymoo 03-29-2007 07:48 AM

I've not written for a few days. Only a few days till Meg goes to stud, its starting to sink in how much I'm going to miss her while she's away! :cry:
It's going to worth it, well next year anyhow. :lol:
She's doing so well with her jumping lately too, but I decided months ago to put her in foal, so I can hardly change my mind now. And the thought of having a little one thrills me no end! :D
We'll probably have our last ride on Friday and then I'll be busy getting her ready for Saturday when she leaves.
Atleast I've still got Willow to focus on till she returns, little monkey will probably wonder whats hit him, with all the double amounts of attention he will be receiving! :lol:

meggymoo 04-01-2007 07:31 AM

:cry: Ok, I'm upset. I've left meg at the stud, for what is going to seem like an eternity!
She knew something was different today, she must of sensed I was feeling alittle glum. She kept nuzzling my face and licking my cheek, not to mention wiping her bogies on me! :lol:
I keep thinking< I hope she doesn't think I've sold her....
Pathetic aren't I?!?! I just love my girl! :cry: