The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   GORGEOUS, safe, 13hh pony -- A-circuit prospect for sale in Northern CA (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/gorgeous-safe-13hh-pony-circuit-prospect-121992/)

blkgryphon 05-01-2012 05:32 PM

GORGEOUS, safe, 13hh pony -- A-circuit prospect for sale in Northern CA

Hi There,

I have an absolutely stunning pony mare with an exceptionally good mind for sale. Witch Woods Twister is 5/8ths Welsh, a hair under 13hh, almost 6 years old, mostly black pinto with absolutely gorgeous markings -- four white legs, star-stripe-snip, minimal white elsewhere. Her movement is lovely, and I am told that her full siblings showing on the A-circuit have fetched prices in the $12-16,000 range. She is priced currently priced at $4500 (firm) only because she should still be considered green, though she is definitely safe enough for a child to ride and has even trotted over crosspoles with children riding. Price will increase with training.

The trainer who started Twister said, "Twister is very quiet and sweet with smooth gaits. She has excellent manners and is easy to ride. Twister is a medium pony with a gorgeous head, great topline, 10+ trot, beautiful Warmblood stature, and the temperament to match."

Reason for sale: I am an adult rider who wanted something small and safe to ride, and I fell madly in love with Twister, even though she was truly too small for my weight. I thought I would use that to inspire me to lose 30 pounds, but that hasn't happened (lost only five!). It's been a year now and time to get real. Sadly, I am now looking for a larger pony/small horse and need to find Twister a fabulous home, hopefully one where she will be used to her full potential. She is a VERY special girl -- eye-catching and sweet with to-die-for movement. She should be taking some little girl to the top of the hunter ring -- not packing a too-heavy adult around the trails!

Photos and video available. Thanks for your interest, Susan

maura 05-01-2012 05:42 PM

Why don't you post photos or video here, along with your contact info?

I think you'll get more interest that way.

blkgryphon 05-01-2012 05:46 PM

How do I do that, Maura?

Thanks for the suggestion, Maura. I wasn't aware you could do that. How can I post video links/photos, and is there a way to give my contact info without it being "public" (leading to spam/phishing and whatnot)?

Very best,

Susan

Allison Finch 05-01-2012 05:48 PM

You can copy youtube links or host the video on sites like Flickr. They are free. Ans all personal info should go through PM's and not on the open forum.

maura 05-01-2012 05:51 PM

You can post photos directly into the body of your post, or link them from a photohosting site like photobucket, shutterfly, etc. Use the attachment icon in the advanced window to attach, and use the little picture icon about the quick reply window to paste the link to your hosting site.

You can post/embed videos directly in posts, or link to YouTube by pretty much the same methods..

You can ask people to Private message you on this website for contact information, or you can use a secondary email account. (I keep a yahoo account for exactly that purpose.)

blkgryphon 05-01-2012 06:00 PM

Video of Twister

3 Attachment(s)
Okay, here are some YouTube videos of Twister, taken a bit over a year ago from before I owned her. They had her age wrong though -- she was foaled in the summer of 2006. She was also FUZZY, which makes her look much less elegant than she does in person now. I also have her trotting more forward/brightly now...I think they were encouraging her to "toodle" because they had beginner children riding her. I actually feel that she moves like a horse more than a pony...you kind of don't notice how small she is when you feel how nice her trot is now.

Also trying to post some photos (hope that works!), though I truly have none that do her justice. Hoping to get some better ones soon when she finishes shedding out and when I have someone riding her. If you want more info or to chat with me, send me a PM and I would be happy to talk about this sweet little girl.

So, here is Twister free moving:

Here is her being ridden by a child:

Here she is learning to trot crossrails:

Hope that works!

Susan