The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Jobs (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-jobs/)
-   -   Looking for Job in NC (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-jobs/looking-job-nc-122440/)

live2ride8 05-05-2012 09:53 PM

Looking for Job in NC

So in the past few months I've *been looking around for a job, just to earn some extra cash for lessons, but couldn't find anything. I recently found out that if I wanted to go to the biggest show of the year (for me anyways) that i would have to pay for most of it myself. So I'm looking for a summer job or something I can do after school until school is out. I'm posting this for two reasons. 1 that I might luck out and find an employer on here in my area which is very unlikely and 2 if anyone has any ideas how I could find work or websites to use. I would prefer to work with horses but at this point I'll do just about anything.*

Here are a few things about me so you have an idea of what I can do and everything. I've been riding hunter jumper for 5 years and showing consistently for about two. I have a permit and mean of transportation. *Ive ridden almost all disciplines and will ride any kind of horse. I'm a very hard worker and have a very flexible schedule. I can do any and all barn chores, groom, ride and care for horses and just about anything else you can think of. I think that's about it.*

Thanks in advance :)
Posted via Mobile Device

live2ride8 05-05-2012 09:54 PM

Sorry for all the *'s I'm not sure why they're there.
Posted via Mobile Device

DancingArabian 05-05-2012 10:35 PM

Check yardandgroom.com

live2ride8 05-05-2012 11:06 PM

Thanks I took a look but most were full time or too far away. Thanks so much though, I'll deffinatly use that site in the future when I graduate high school.
Posted via Mobile Device

live2ride8 05-12-2012 11:29 PM

Still looking for a job. Any other ideas?
Posted via Mobile Device

huntergrl 05-21-2012 07:58 AM

Yeah, I'm in NC too and the best advice I have is move to the plain states where there is alot more land and horse farms.lol This state sucks, most people have horses for backyard pets and they don't care about having people work with them. I lived in Texas as a little girl and trust me the only thing I miss is all the oppurtunity they have out there to work with horses and other ranch duties. Also since my family is from NC I can say this, our state is stuck in the american revolution where everyone still hires mexicans and african americans to hold their horses and care for them. They know they can hire them cheap. Sorry to burst your bubble if I did :( I'm upset about it too though. Definately not horse country here.

live2ride8 05-21-2012 09:38 AM

Yea I realized a long time ago that there aren't enough jobs over here :( If I didn't have all the family over here I would move when I graduated but you know..
Posted via Mobile Device

huntergrl 05-21-2012 02:55 PM

Yep, same reason I don't move either.lol

live2ride8 05-21-2012 10:28 PM

Haha yea I would love to move to Kentucy but I have no friends or family up there so it looks like I'm stuck here :P lol
Posted via Mobile Device