The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Cars and Trucks (http://www.horseforum.com/cars-trucks/)
-   -   first car (http://www.horseforum.com/cars-trucks/first-car-122478/)

SRich 05-06-2012 07:30 AM

first car

I just bought my first car yesterday, so exciting! It's a 04 white subaru impreza wagon, so it's nothing special, but I love it. It seems likes it's going to be a nice car that will hopefully get me through college. My uncle's mechanic is looking at it today just to be sure that nothing is wrong, but I think I'm good for now. I made sure I did a carfax and brought an experienced car person with me to look at it and take it for a test drive. Unfortunately, I couldn't drive the car, because I don't know how to drive a standard. I bought a car that I can't even drive. :lol:

I also had my first standard driving lesson yesterday. Oh boy! I stalled it twice and I wanted to throw my aunt out of the car. She wouldn't stop laughing and kept telling me that I was scaring the s*** out of her, making me more nervous and frustrated. To my credit, I did get the hang of it towards the end of my short lesson.

I get insurance on it tomorrow and I'm hoping that I can take it home. My mom might have to drive it for me because I'm afraid I'll stall at traffic lights. Getting going is the hardest part! Since I can't practice today because it's at the mechanics, I decided that I'm going to find a really funny or cute, horse bumper sticker for my car. Anyone know of any really good ones?

ls6firebird 05-06-2012 04:34 PM

congrats on the car! thats exciting. you'll get the hang of driving it, just takes practice. sounds like you did a great job making sure you got a good car.

SRich 05-07-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ls6firebird (Post 1488258)
congrats on the car! thats exciting. you'll get the hang of driving it, just takes practice. sounds like you did a great job making sure you got a good car.

Oh wow, my op just went on and on! I was excited. haha I had to babysit today, but I got to practice with it for another 20 minutes or so. It's a lot harder than I though it would be, but at least I got good enough for the main road. :-)