The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Critique this 20y old Arabian mare (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/critique-20y-old-arabian-mare-12261/)

Wallaby 07-27-2008 12:45 AM

Critique this 20y old Arabian mare

She's a 20 year old Arabian mare who is way overweight at the moment. I wasn't able to get any leg shots but she seems to have pretty ok legs. I'll try to get some this week.
What do you guys think of her?

That picture makes her look really strangely put together, in my opinion, usually she looks rather like a unicorn without a horn. Haha.

http://www.horseforum.com/userpix/44...onfoshot_1.jpg

BluMagic 07-27-2008 12:47 AM

I personally don't think she looks overweight at all.

Wallaby 07-27-2008 01:01 AM

She doesn't look it, but she has the whole crease down her back, a fleshy crest, and it's impossible to feel her ribs no matter how hard you press. She must be like a woman that looks good when they are plump. lol

BluMagic 07-27-2008 01:04 AM

I see. lol.

I'm noticing she is swayback. There are things about her...I just can't put my finger on it.

rockydq 07-27-2008 01:31 AM

She's got a cute head, however her throatlatch is rather thick for an arab. She is rather "nesty", mutton whithers, however her back is not very sway for her age. I like her legs, nice short, well angled pasterns. She looks like she toes out in the back, however I know when horses are standing still, they stand with their feet in weird directions even though they probably arent toed out (or in). She looks unbalanced, with her front end being larger than her back, but I think the camera angle is at a way that it does not do her justice. (looks like her front end is closer to the camera, thus giving the appearance of a larger, and unbalanced front end). I think shes a cutie, and for being 20, she looks great! Doesn' look overweight to me at all, her back looks great, and she doesn't appear to have larger arthritic looking joints. And I can see you've done an excellent job with keeping her clean and white despite the dirt in her pasture!

Miss Katie 07-27-2008 03:34 AM

She is a little sway backed but not anything to worry bout. She has a veryy long neck, it almost seems to be to big for her body. She has a lovely head. She has a lovely stong rump.
Her legs are very fine however her body is thick and heavy which is quite unusual but could be because she is overweight.

Spastic_Dove 07-27-2008 07:47 PM

I think she looks great. Very good for her age.
She's cute. I'll leave the other people to critique =P

jazir1787 11-12-2010 12:38 AM

based on this pic alone, and being brutally honest...

her head looks too big, she has bit of camel neck going on, the shoulders are smaller then i prefer and her back's a bit long for an arab

that said, she looks sweet and quite pretty. she looks great for the age and yes, a bit on the overweight side - she doesnt have a big belly but she looks like she has fat deposits in the neck, yes?

Chiilaa 11-12-2010 01:49 AM

She looks a touch rump high to me.

Also, is that an original photo? Or has it been touched up? I see a hoof that needs vet attention if not lol

grayshell38 11-12-2010 01:53 AM

This thread is very old....And I have to say, Miss Lacey looks totally different these days. I actually can't believe that's her. Weird!