The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Boarding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/)
-   -   Suggestions needed for barns in Orlando, FL, Aiken, SC, and Conway, SC. (: (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/suggestions-needed-barns-orlando-fl-aiken-122854/)

gotxhorses 05-09-2012 10:13 AM

Suggestions needed for barns in Orlando, FL, Aiken, SC, and Conway, SC. (:

Hey! I'm going away to college this Fall and am looking to take my horse with me. We do jumpers, play with hunters, and are looking to event. However, I'm having trouble finding some places to keep him. I currently live in Maryland, but applied to three schools. They are in Orlando, FL, Conway, SC, and Aiken, SC.

I obviously don't live around any of these places, so I was wondering if any of you know of any good boarding facilities around any of them. I'm not settled on any one school just yet, so I'm looking for some barns in all three areas. I have been googling barns on my computer, but if anyone has any personal experience or knowledge, that'd be heaps better.

If any of the barns you know have websites, I'd love to see them. (:

Here's what I'm looking for in a barn.
-Decent ring w/ jump course (preferably lighted)
-Nice turnout
-Friendly staff and boarders
-Not overly priced

I'm really just looking for somewhere that I know my horse will be well taken care of. I compete relatively regularly, so I'm looking for somewhere that will fit in with me.

Thanks!!

gotxhorses 05-11-2012 03:21 PM

I'm just bumping this up, hoping someone can help me out! (:

JHorne89 06-06-2012 01:45 PM

If you decide to move to Orlando, I have a small barn outside of Orlando and offer affordable boarding. Not a fancy show barn, but affordable and we love our horses.

caseymyhorserocks 06-10-2012 10:24 PM

Googled them
Orlando:
Painted Oaks Academy | Boarding
Orlando Horse Boarding - Training, Lessons, Full and Partial Board
Official University Equestrian Center Website
Aiken
JBF Board & Training
Conway
MeadowChase Farm :: Boarding
(my favorite out of all of them!) Fees and Services

Good luck :)

Daisy25 06-18-2012 05:34 PM

Well, I live near Aiken....

What's your idea of "not overly-priced" ?

There's plenty of places that do pasture board for around $250 -$300...but that's exactly it. Your horse sits out in the pasture. There may be trails for riding and if you're lucky, some kind of shelter.

If you want a show barn for hunters/jumpers - you're looking at $600 and up per month.